sct chip or anderson motorsports computer?

ppartain

Jan 7, 2009
i need to be looking at tuning my car for the first time when i get this blower on. is a 3 program sct chip or a piggy back computer from anderson motorsports the way to go and why?

• Sponsors (?)

the anderson is really pricey but looks like you have unlimited tuneability with it. i just dont want timing or fuel issues. i think with the anderson setup you dont need a boost timing module either?

the anderson is really pricey but looks like you have unlimited tuneability with it. i just dont want timing or fuel issues. i think with the anderson setup you dont need a boost timing module either?

Moates Quarterhorse will give you everything you will ever need to adjust for alot less money , every PMS i have dealt with had problems with resetting after 3 or 4 startups , which can get very annoying

With the PMS you will want to run a MAF meter that is calibrated specifically for your ecu and injector combination.

With the QH, you don't need to worry about 'calibrations'... all you need is the MAF Transfer data to enter to the ecu.

Or you could eliminate the cost of the MAF sensor all together by going megasquirt.

If you have the money to spend on a PMS, i would just keep saving till you can afford a Big Stuff 3 or fast setup.

I have megasquirt and it is the best 600 bucks i have ever spent. Then i bought the full version of tunerstudio and it pretty much just blew my mind. You can litterally set it up to tune the car itself while you are driving down the road. I used the self tuning side to get the drivability right and the car has never run better.

Ive had mine 2 years and so far its been flawless. I had a custom chip burned and it idled like ****, had anderson tune it with the PMS and its a 500 horse 20 year old car that idles like a new car. I would have paid double what I did to get my car to run the way it does. There are 8 second cars tuned with them, end of discussion.

Is Binary Editor difficult to learn? I've never really messed with computer tuning and would like to try it out. If there are any places that give noobs like me a way to learn I'd love to get into it.

You can download a trail version of BE before you purchase. You just can't burn tunes to a chip with the trial version.
Play around with the user interface and see if things make sense to you...

eectuning is currently the best site for starter info.