Sct Itsx Not Working

Discussion in '' started by ximportdriver, Oct 15, 2012.

1. I just received my iTSX from American Muscle and BAMA, but I can't get it to work. For starters, it won't recognize the device or accessory information during the programming's initial steps. I found a workaround on my iPhone 4 with iOS 6--go to Info > View device, and then load the programmer. However, I can't get beyond the next step where I turn the key to the ON position, because at this point it errs, saying that it can't find the ECU Id.

I tried unpairing it from my iPhone to try my first generation iPad with iOS 5.1, but it could not get beyond the accessory info, and my workaround wasn't helping.

I'm updating my iPad to 5.1.1, but I don't know if that will help.

I found elsewhere on the interwebs that the device is not working well with iOS 6, and that's why I was trying my iPad with iOS 5.

Also, the status light is pink or purple, which is not defined in the PDF manual, so I'm not sure how to troubleshoot the issue. When I place my hand beneath the status light, I can see that the light is emitting blue and red simultaneously, but such a combo is also not defined in the manual.

When I go to SCT website, their last firmware update was for their handheld tuner.

I don't know how to proceed. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. I just read on another forum, whose name shall go unmentioned for philosophical reasons, that this is a known issue for 2013 model vehicles and the current firmware. ETA 2-4 weeks for resolution. If you are like me and having this same problem, it looks like we need to report it to SCT tech support, and we should expect a resolution come November. :(
  3. One additional update: I tried my iPad with iOS 5.1.1, and the issue persists.

It seems to me that the issue is with iOS 6 and not with the firmware as other people are posting on the Interwebs that they can use the iTSX just fine with Android, so I'm hoping an update to the iTSX software on my iOS devices will resolve it.
  4. Just confirmed with SCT. It will require a firmware update to the iTSX dongle. However, they could not confirm 2-4 weeks ETA to resolution, so it could be even longer than that.
  5. So, I have to admit my own user error here, but the story is not over.

I wasn't turning the key position to ON. I was one click short.

After clicking it to ON, the BAMA tunes were present, and I would send the street tune to the computer.

But now I am back to where I was. At this stage, iTSX says to turn the key to the ON position. It's already in the ON position, and so the iTSX just ends up timing out, saying it failed, and the only option is to end the programming.

I tried turning the key to the OFF position and then back to the ON position at this stage but to no avail.

Any tips on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.
  6. I emailed SCT tech support Sunday night, and I had a response early Monday morning.

They had me install new firmware, which is not available for distribution, but after two new firmware installs, the issue persists, and now I am waiting on SCT engineers.
  7. I don't know why I didn't try this sooner, but I just tested the SCT preloaded tune, and it worked perfectly.

Therefore, the issue is isolated to the custom BAMA tune.

I have contacted American Muscle support email. Hopefully I get a resolution quickly.
  8. Once BAMA re-wrote my custom files from scratch and I loaded them onto my iTSX, the issue was resolved.