SCT X3 software, seriously?

notchnut

Founding Member
Mar 6, 2001
New England
:mad:I have never been so pissed off at something so stupid. I have an X3 that I got with my car and have not used it yet. I am trying to load an email tune I got from VMP tuning to get my car running but my X3 will not communicate with my laptop. I am running Vista so I dont know if thats an issue. I have gone to SCT's website and tried to install the device driver. It downloaded in a Zip, miraculously I was able to open the zip but it's still just a folder with 2 subfolders, one of them is the USB set-up but when I click on it I just get a white box with a bunch of script, the other asks me to search the internet for a program to open it with which is useless. If I plug the X3 in to the laptop it doesn't even acknowledge it, I'm freaking out, I'm good with cars but not with computers does anone have any experience with what I'm going through. Humor me please!

• Sponsors (?)

when u opened the zip file did you extract the folder or did you just double click to get into it? if you didnt extract the file, id try that, the option would show on the left side when ur looking at the file and have it highlighted

In my experience Vista and tuning software do not get along great.

Especially if it is x64 bit vista.. When i work with Motec, Performance Electronics, and HP Tuners i always have to use good ole XP