SD Stangers, Lets do some racing/tailgating at the Q soon...

Okay, Im thinking that I will throw out several dates here. That way we can all pitch in and narrow down a date. I already know that tailgating is okay to do. No alcohol though.

Here are my thoughts, meet down there early, (gates open at 6 p.m.) so we can all get in a few runs before there are 10,000 dang people there. Then tailgate before/after we do some runs. Then later on (whoever wants to go) we can head out to a bar for a couple of cool ones to finish off a nice evening. What do y'all think?

Different dates are Fri. July 23rd and Fri. July 30th. I dont think they have posted any dates for August yet. I will call them on Monday, and then edit this post. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Alrighty...In my infinite wisdom, I totally spaced the fact, that Fri July 23rd is my buddies wedding and I am in the wedding too. :doh:

So how does Friday July 30th sound for everyone? I plan on doing some eating, drinking, and racing! :nice:

P.S. if anyone wants to see some pics of my new 18" Bullitt Anthracite's, click on the link in my sig and they are on page two :D (not installed yet :( )

I may be down with that if you all don't mind be bringing my Z?

Err wait, is that the 1/8 mile track or the twisty road track that they do there also for the SCCA?

Twisty will be Z, strip will be Cobra.

Ken

YELLOW42RCODE said:
J.J.
Ican't make the 30th thats my big weekend here at work.
I will be there on the 23rd regaurdless. I went last friday 9th. I brought the 89 down and made 4 passes. I need slicks ! the car is a rocket if I can get it to hook up :bang:

Fred :flag:

No Worries Fred, I plan on going sometime in August as well. Maybe we can meet up then. I just placed a call to them, but got the machine. As soon as I find out I will post some august dates as well.

How much power does the 89 have? I would imagine alot :D . Slap some Nitto's on there and then you will OWN it :nice:

SonicBlue2v03GT said:
No Worries Fred, I plan on going sometime in August as well. Maybe we can meet up then. I just placed a call to them, but got the machine. As soon as I find out I will post some august dates as well.

How much power does the 89 have? I would imagine alot :D . Slap some Nitto's on there and then you will OWN it :nice:
Thanks J.J.
she makes 380 rwhp/400lbft of tourque.
I am on the fence about turning it into a race car or leave it as is. :shrug:

YELLOW42RCODE said:
Thanks J.J.
she makes 380 rwhp/400lbft of tourque.
I am on the fence about turning it into a race car or leave it as is. :shrug:

Damn Fred...those numbers = :drool:

My first whim says race car..race car :banana: :banana:

But of course its not my pocketbook. :D

I called the race legal site, the lady said they dont have any race dates for august yet, but they would post it on the site as soon as they know. Thats your 89 GT that I have yet to see huh? Im sure ill be there one of those dates in August. Down the road we should do a Carlsbad meet. :flag:

Hey!
I just saw this thred!
Don't you guy's go havin fun without me!
Let's get these dates figured out so I can arrainge my oh so busy social callender.
And Fred, I vote for striping that thing down to race weight and making it a serious straight liner!
Heck, you already have the Cobra for just about anything else :rolleyes:

L8 MUSL said:
Hey!
I just saw this thred!
Let's get these dates figured out so I can arrainge my oh so busy social callender.
And Fred, I vote for striping that thing down to race weight and making it a serious straight liner!

Bill, Friday July 30th looks to be the date. That is a week from this Friday. Plan on meeting down there, and getting some early runs in, before its gets too crazy, im sure you remember the madness of last time we went down there. Then after that, hanging out and doing some tailgating/eating in the parking lot and watching other peole make some runs. Then the plan was to maybe swing by a bar somewhere after that and have a couple of cold sasperilla's :D

Let us all know how its looking for you :nice:

L8 MUSL said:
Hey!
I just saw this thred!
Bill,
I might do it but I am not sure yet :bang:

SonicBlue2v03GT said:
Bill, Friday July 30th looks to be the date. That is a week from this Friday. Plan on meeting down there, and getting some early runs in, before its gets too crazy, im sure you remember the madness of last time we went down there. Then after that, hanging out and doing some tailgating/eating in the parking lot and watching other peole make some runs. Then the plan was to maybe swing by a bar somewhere after that and have a couple of cold sasperilla's :D

Let us all know how its looking for you :nice:
Hey guys,
I don't know about the 30th because I am working that weekend but I will be at Qualcoom this Friday the 23rd :banana: I will really try to make the 30th also but if I do I may not get there till late :bang:

YELLOW42RCODE said:
Hey guys,
I don't know about the 30th because I am working that weekend but I will be at Qualcoom this Friday the 23rd :banana: I will really try to make the 30th also but if I do I may not get there till late :bang:

Fred would be cool if you could make it, I think we will be tailgating and hanging out there for a bit. If you cant its understood. :flag: