SD Stangers, Lets do some racing/tailgating at the Q soon...

• Sponsors (?)

L8 MUSL said:
Here's a link to the SC guy's thred, http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?p=312242#post312242

They've got their food thing all worked out.
Now we've got to.
JJ, just let me know what you want me to bring.
You're in command of this one :flag:
(scary thought)

:rlaugh: Thanks for the laugh on the scary thought. No kidding. :D

Ummm, I will mull around a couple of different things here, as far as the food goes. Im starting to think about bringing a little grill along. I could get some chicken breasts and marinate them. Then maybe we could bring some other stuff along to go with that. Just some preliminary thoughts.

Bill read the thread you posted and made me check out the race legal site

http://www.racelegal.com/news/news.asp

Dohh, this may be the last one. So definitely want to get there as early as possible folks.

Beau, yeah talk to Josh if you could. I know his car is not setup but shiiiittt, I would run that thing for him :D

JJ, I have been talking to a guy from the SC club (Val, a real nice guy who will be bringing his 03 Cobra) and he is bringing an "easy-up", so I will too. That way we can put them together and stake out some turf for our tailgate party. He is bringing a grill but we should as well so as not to totally mooch off the SC guy's. I can bring Brat's, buns and drinks maybe?
just let me know.
I'm shooting for getting there by 5:30ish and setting up some stuff then heading over to tech and getting some early runs in before the Zoo. Then do some serious bench racing and bull $h!ting.

I'll try to get there as close to 6 as I can. I decided I am not going to run the snake this time, I've been having some really wierd **** go on over the last week with my car:
randomly dies
RPM's fluctuate constantly
RPM's shoot up past 2k when I am sitting there in neutral
etc etc..and I just don't feel comfortable running the car hard with these things going on.
So, what I can do is "guard" our site and stuff while you all go tear up the track. Also, let me know if theres anything I can bring too and I'll grab it.

Jason: This founding member thing caught me off guard too. I logged in a couple days ago and BAM there it was :) I guess cause my join date is back in 2000, I qualify as one of the old guys or something :shrug:

L8 MUSL said:
JJ, I have been talking to a guy from the SC club (Val, a real nice guy who will be bringing his 03 Cobra) and he is bringing an "easy-up", so I will too. That way we can put them together and stake out some turf for our tailgate party. He is bringing a grill but we should as well so as not to totally mooch off the SC guy's. I can bring Brat's, buns and drinks maybe?
just let me know.
I'm shooting for getting there by 5:30ish and setting up some stuff then heading over to tech and getting some early runs in before the Zoo. Then do some serious bench racing and bull $h!ting.

Right on Bill. Yeah Brats, buns, and drinks would be great. I was thinking I could grab maybe half dozen or so chicken breasts and marinate them. Also, pick up a little grill we could use. Silverware, plates, napkins I will bring also. I will bring along a twelve pack of coke or something. I was planning on just dropping the back seats, and placing a towel or two down, then putting the grill and my cooler on top of those.

1) Grill - JJ
2) Silverware - JJ
3) Plates - JJ
4) Napkins - JJ
5) 12 -pack soda - JJ
6) 6-8 Chicken breasts - JJ
7) Chips ?
8) Side dish, Corn or ???
9) Brats - Bill
10) Buns - Bill
11) more soda? - Bill

Is there anything else anyone can think of?? I will go shopping tomorrow and post all the stuff I got, etc. On Thursday night. Does that lineup sound cool to you Bill? Im thinking this should about cover it. some folks could have chicken others could have brats, then pretty much chips and drinks. (condiments of course) Not much of a potato salad guy, so If anyone wants to bring that stuff, or anything else they happen to like, by all means :flag:

Location - Racers line up on the south, most of the spectators park in the middle (close to the starting line) I was thinking on the North side of the parking lot either close to the K-rail but alot farther up from the starting line. or a little farther back from the K-rails, and closer to the starting line. If you all that have been there, are following me here. Last time there was plenty of room, several rows farther from the K-rails or basically the latter of the two options I just mentioned above.

Lastly, I would need a spot to drop all that crap off obviously, im gonna try to be there at 5:30. Bill or Beau, or anyone, are we able to drive into the spot we want to tailgate earlier than 6, but they just wont let anyone race? Or you cannot pull into the event area until 6? I dont know :shrug:

i'll grab some chips and some side dish. anyone want something specific?

i don't know about getting there and setting up or what, but if we need to we can just load all the stuff into my car and i can set up a base camp while you guys sit there in the tech lane.

1990StangLX said:
i'll grab some chips and some side dish. anyone want something specific?

i don't know about getting there and setting up or what, but if we need to we can just load all the stuff into my car and i can set up a base camp while you guys sit there in the tech lane.

Right on Beau, I had just shot you a PM. I wonder if we will be able to set up our tailgating spot, before 6 pm :shrug: Hopefully someone who has shown up right at 6 or before will post.

i just replied.

i hope we can set up before getting into the tech lanes but i'm not sure how it all works. what i'm afraid of is if you guys get over to the tailgating spot and drop the gear off, you'll lose your places in the tech line.

I wasn't sure if Beau would catch that or not :D
I've never been there before 6 so I can't answer the other issue. :shrug:
Val and his wife are going to be there early and I believe his wife is just going to hang out at the tailgate site so our stuff should be ok, plus I think a few others are just coming to hang.
I'll bring the stuff you listed me for JJ, and some extra sodas in an ice chest, plus the easy up.
Oh, be sure to bring a chair, the last time we just stood around all night on the asphalt my feet were killing me the next morning (just a suggestion).

1990StangLX said:
i just replied.

i hope we can set up before getting into the tech lanes but i'm not sure how it all works. what i'm afraid of is if you guys get over to the tailgating spot and drop the gear off, you'll lose your places in the tech line.

Yes, that is my worry too, im thinking its gonna get pretty darn packed there on Friday night, ecspecially if its going to be the last event they have due to that fundage problem. gotta get some runs in early or I will be sitting all night. oh well I still will plan on getting there as early as possible. Hmmm I will call them up tomorrow and see what they say too.

L8 MUSL said:
I wasn't sure if Beau would catch that or not :D
I've never been there before 6 so I can't answer the other issue. :shrug:
Val and his wife are going to be there early and I believe his wife is just going to hang out at the tailgate site so our stuff should be ok, plus I think a few others are just coming to hang.
I'll bring the stuff you listed me for JJ, and some extra sodas in an ice chest, plus the easy up.
Oh, be sure to bring a chair, the last time we just stood around all night on the asphalt my feet were killing me the next morning (just a suggestion).

Good deal Bill, I will definitely call them tomorrow and see what they say, maybe I can ask nicely and they will let us drop off the coolers, food, etc, then jam back over to the tech line. I will post as soon as I know somethin. :flag:

What would be realy cool would be if some one drove a truck and we could meet at the gate and pile all the stuff into the truck to take over to the tailgate spot while we went to the tech lanes.
I'll try to recruit someone.

L8 MUSL said:
What would be realy cool would be if some one drove a truck and we could meet at the gate and pile all the stuff into the truck to take over to the tailgate spot while we went to the tech lanes.
I'll try to recruit someone.

In the voice of the Mighty Bill Lumburgh...That Would Be GRREEAATTT :D
uu64o9s8.jpg

For reals though. That would be perfect :flag: