Fox Seafoam Instructions

Glocker23

Oct 21, 2015
Connecticut
Hey guys. I was told to run sea foam in my fuel system and also run it through my maf into motor. I was told it cleans things up very well. Car has almost 60k miles on her and I am not sure how crappy it is in there.

Right now it drives fine except for s :poo:ty idle which has gotten better since cleaning the IAC.

I was looking for some guidance in dealing with seafoam on the fox! Can anyone throw in some instructions on how to do this. Or point me in the way of a how to.

Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

If you have a crappy idle seafoam won't it. Fire whoever said to put it in your maf. It goes through a vacuum line. I like to use the one off the fp regulator.

If you have a crappy idle seafoam won't it. Fire whoever said to put it in your maf. It goes through a vacuum line. I like to use the one off the fp regulator.

What he said. Furthermore, you likely have a small vacuum leak somewhere. Probably an old blend door hose or something equally benign.

Pull codes. Vac leaks are often associated with O2 sensor codes. If your base idle needs set, you should see a code for that as well.

Seafoam doesn't "fix" anything. If your idle is stumbling before you put it in, it will stumble after you put it in.