Seafoam is teh *****!

• Sponsors (?)

menasci said:
Same thread dude.
I saw the pics posted and I'm still not sure where it goes.

Open the hood.

Look under the air filter hose, there shoudl be a pipe that goes from the passenger side intake into the upper plenum. It shoudl be VERY easy to remove, except for the fact that you have to lift up the hose to access it. Turn on the engine. Have someone hold the revs up or just open the trottle with your hand. Have it suck in the seafoam. Settle for a few minutes. Open her up on the highway.

I'm very tempted to do this, is this going to effect my blower at all? I really just worried about this stuff being in the oil and circulating through the small gears in the blower. Would that really have any effect? Anyone else do this with a blower that gets oil from the pan?

I wouldnt drive anywhere. I recommend changing your oil, immediately after the seafoam. My cousin heard from me about my two vehicles. He came over so I could seafoam his 2001 Maxima with 75K miles. It put on a good smoke show, about the same as my Mustang. You will see when it stops smoking. When its all done, then change your oil. He called me yesterday to say he was happy with throttle response and smoothness. Another satisfied Seafoamer!! Next oil change will be my wifes 01 Sebring vert with 75K on the clock. Should be another fine smoke show!!

Seafoam How-To Video

Alright guys...this is the first video I've ever made, so please excuse the crappiness of it. Below are 2 videos, first is the how-to feed your engine seafoam, and the 2nd is a small glimpse of what the smoke looks like. I didn't get much smoke since I did this only about 2,000 or 3,000 miles ago, but you will get smoke for about 10 minutes.

How To Feed Your Engine Seafoam
Seafoam Smoke Results

droptopponynj said:
Nice, i can't believe some still can't figure this out without a vid after 8 pages....

I'm one of those.
Guess I'm just worried I'm gonna F-up my Stang.
Do you have to get an oil change right after doing what the guy in the vid did?
Or only right after adding to the oil?
Also....
Do I just pour the stuff in the oil fill hole?

No need for an oil change after the way I did it in the video. I believe you pour it straight in your oil fill, but I could be wrong. You would need an oil change after that, though ;). The way I did it makes it burn through the exhaust.

I'm glad y'all appreciate the video. I know I could have used one when I did it -- I got it wrong the first few times and wasted almost a whole can of seafoam.

menasci said:
I'm one of those.
Guess I'm just worried I'm gonna F-up my Stang.
Do you have to get an oil change right after doing what the guy in the vid did?
Or only right after adding to the oil?
Also....
Do I just pour the stuff in the oil fill hole?

After what you see in the video, u dont need to do an oil change, only after you put it in the Oil Fill Hold(crankcase). Yes, you put the seamform in the oil fill hole (Crankcase) :) but after you do that, get an oil change

ok after all this talk about seafoam i bought a can today and decided to try it out. but i dont think i did it right. i have a 2001 mustang gt and i took the tube off that goes in to the drivers side valve cover. there was suction coming from it so i thought thats where the seafoam goes, anyway i used almost the whole can turned the engine off for 15 min and started it back up and no white smoke at all, i drove it around for 15 min and still no white smoke, looking at the video posted i guess i did it the wrong way but in one of the first pages it shows a pic of the same tube i used.