Seafoam is teh *****!

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by MidnightGT, Jul 6, 2005.

1. 97gtblue

97gtblue New Member

i used it and my car smoked for like 2 months..wont ever use it again(i fallowed all the instructions)

2. MidnightGT

MidnightGT New Member

How much did you add? :shrug:
    My car smoked for like 5 min, along with a freinds car.
    The guy at autozone said that he uses it on every car he works on, including all of his. Also said that his mechanic freind does it to cars with high mileage, without a problem.....ever....

3. 97GTSTANG

Founding Member

WHen you say it goes through the PCV pipe, so do you remove the pipe that connects to the PCV valve on the valve cover and connect it to the seafoam bottle? I guess I dont understand that part. Thanks

4. 01TrueBlueCobra

01TrueBlueCobra New Member

5. MidnightGT

MidnightGT New Member

:hail2: thank you for helping the thread.

Thats basicly the same exact thing that my car did *but mine is a 99*. First 5-8 min was like that smoke, maybe alil heavier....past that was only hard revs resulting in smoke.

As for how to add it....pull the entire valve out from you valve cover, and use it to suck it right outta the bottle.

6. UhadMEatGT

UhadMEatGT New Member

There is always someone who muffs it, so its probably the products fault. Like the guys who can mess up their car with a clay bar!! This stuff is widely recommended all over the web on different forums because it is that good. If it smoked that long you either didnt change your oil right after doing it so it kept going through your system or you just had that much crud in your car, but I would put $$ on the first one even though you will probably deny it.

7. AdRock

AdRock Member

That video is dead on. It will smoke like hell, then after driving for around 20 minutes the smoke should all but stop. You might see a very very light smoke after that for the next day or so but it's normal.

I ran the first can through and it smoked like mad. I ran another can through the next day and it didn't smoke near as much. The engine runs much smoother.

I hooked a small vacuum hose up where the fitting is for the lines that control the A/C. It's the fitting with the two small red hoses right next to the throttle body.

I also put a can in the gas tank.

I won't put it in the crankcase. If the engine has high miles there could be buildupo in the engine. The Seafoam will turn the buildup into a sludge and flow to the pan. Once it's there there is the possibility of it clogging up the oil pump pickup. So, if you do this watch the oil pressure very carefully. I've seen more than a few cars have this happen when people use the CD-2 engine cleaner and the Seafoam will work the same way. it won't always happen but the possibility is there. Not trying to make anyone nervous, just throwing it out there FYI.

8. Sick96Stang

Sick96Stang New Member

Alright guys apparently I'm just ****ing retarded or something but I still dont understand were u put this stuff in it. Somebody want to take a picture of there engine bay and put an arrow pointing to where u put the seafoam stuff in at. I would appreciate that.

9. Redfire03GT

Redfire03GT New Member

Hah, I'm in the same boat as you. It sounds like it makes sense but, I don't want to be that jack ass who comes back to the board saying I screwed up my car doing something completely idiotic to it.

10. tomustang

tomustang Psychotic Member
    Founding Member

Since when did guys at Autozone make enough money to have multiple care? :bs:

11. 96WhiteNight

96WhiteNight New Member

Now thats what i call bug repellant

12. 01TruBlue

01TruBlue New Member

Im will yall I would like a picture of where to put this stuff i would some how screw it up.

13. MidnightGT

MidnightGT New Member

lol, im assuming this is sarcastic. He is actually pretty up on the chain there, might be store manager...so he isnt exactly rich, but making more then average cashier. Plus he made it sound like "all his cars" over the years... As this stuff has been around for awhile.

14. Jinx

Jinx I like cats. Cats like me. Cats & I fully agree
    Cat Lover

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Sounds like a good product, and I only have one question. What is the main difference between using it through the vac line vs. putting it in your tank?

Edit: Gonna use it on my '94 Ranger.

15. Red03Mustang

Red03Mustang New Member

Wondering the same thing. I have 40,000 on my car, so I was thinking about using it as well.

16. 01TrueBlueCobra

01TrueBlueCobra New Member

You can put it through both. The gas tank method will clean out your injectors and fuel system. The vacumm line will clean the carbon and gunk out of the comb. camber and the top of the pistons. I Suggest you put half in the tank and half in the vac line.

17. Jinx

Jinx I like cats. Cats like me. Cats & I fully agree
    Cat Lover

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Thanks, :nice:

18. MidnightGT

MidnightGT New Member

He is 100% correct.

19. TripleBlk

TripleBlk Member

No offense - but, are you a Micro$oft system administrator ? Just curious...

20. Sick96Stang

Sick96Stang New Member

We took off the line that connects the intake to the valve cover and go no suction at all. Poured about 1/3 the bottom of saefoam into that line that leads to the intake and let it sit for about 8 minutes. Fired it back up and got no smoke at all. After a quick drive around the street we noticed a little puddle near the filter. Why isnt the seafoam being sucked into the intake?