Seafoam is teh *****!

• Sponsors (?)

topless98gt said:
I've got a 98...PCV valve is on the drivers side? Also...I poured it in, AND YES, THE LINE HAD VACUUM PRESSURE, and like Sick96Stang, no struggle to stay alive. I also pulled another line from the intake and the car just died. So now that I know where my PCV valve is, and know that it doesn't accept the Seafoam, where do I put it? Thanks a bunch!

I'm not quite sure I understand. You said your PCV valve is on the drivers side and you get vacuum pressure from it but it had no struggle to stay alive? If you had vaccum pressure it should have wanted to die right away when you pulled the line off the valve. You said u already tried pouring the sea foam into the PCV line and it didn't work?

96WhiteNight said:
We just need some pics of actually putting it in

well the PCV valve is in different locations on different years. I think basically just try pulling both the lines that go from your valve covers to your intake and see which one makes the car die and thats the one you put it in. Or check both of them for vaccum pressure if it has vaccumm pressure it should work also.

Sick96Stang said:
I'm not quite sure I understand. You said your PCV valve is on the drivers side and you get vacuum pressure from it but it had no struggle to stay alive? If you had vaccum pressure it should have wanted to die right away when you pulled the line off the valve. You said u already tried pouring the sea foam into the PCV line and it didn't work?
I placed my thumb over it when I pulled the line loose. After a few seconds, I pulled my thumb away and I heard a "psssssssssss." This would mean that it is sucking, right? It didn't want to die when I first pulled it out.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE POST A VIDEO OF HOW TO DO THIS?

Ok guys, this is a pic of my drivers side Valve cover, the PCV valve is right across from that on the passenger side valve cover. So, with the PCV valve in place, all I do is remove the hose connecting to the PCV valve and pour the Seafoam in that hole is that correct?

Hope this is clear.haha

Attachments

• P101002331.jpg
    P101002331.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 532
This is the hose from the upper plenum/IAC leading to the PCV valve on the passanger side. The PCV valve is located under the black air intake tube so its hard to take a picture of.

Attachments

• P1010024111.jpg
    P1010024111.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 314