SeaFoam

OK, i bought the stuff, and it says: to use through the intake, feed it into the pcv line. I tried that and the car doesnt run once its disconnected, so therefore, i cant get a vacuum to suck the stuff in. Has anyone here used the stuff and how did you use it?
(btw, it also says you can pour it down the throttle body but seing that its horizontal, that would be somewhat difficult)
Thanks for your help!

• Sponsors (?)

I used the SeaFoam earlier today. When it says it smokes, BELIEVE ME, it smokes like hell! Here's how I did it:

Remove vacuum line from PCV Valve. Car should start and run, just with a loud sucking sound coming from the end of the line. Pour some of the SeaFoam into your gas tank, that way you can tilt the bottle. Get the seafoam bottle right near the covered PCV line, then uncover it and shove it in the bottle and rev the piss out of it once or twice. Kill the motor, and dump the rest in your gas tank, or your oil. Don't put the whole bottle in your oil! The whole bottle can go in your gas tank, though. I bought two bottles, used them both, and smoked for a good 3 miles. lol

I have a small hose that I put in the pcv hose. The car will die unless you open the t/b yourself. Just keep reving it untill it sucks all the seafoam. Turn the engine off and let it soak for 5 min and it will smoke for at least a good 20 min.

That seafoam **** owns. I've done it many times. I have an nitro RC car fueler that I fill full of it and squirt it into the throttle body. You can take your whole intake tract and **** off when you do it that way. I spray it in there while revving it up and then stall it out with a big squirt of it. Then let it sit for 5 minutes or so. Then start it back up again, and finish off the bottle and let it run. Then use a can of carb cleaner and spray it all over my throttle body and clean it all out. Works great. Had really good results with it on every car i've used it on.

Andy

Car runs and idles better after doing it. My moms car used to ping alot, check the timing and set it to the recommended setting and that helped a tiny bit, but then did the sea foam and it went away. Its a white can with red lettering that says "sea foam" on it. if you dont like it they will refund your money. its good stuff though. I dont see any problem with using it.

007 said:
I'd be pretty bloody nervous about dumping some stuff through my motor and then watching it smoke. :shrug: Never heard of it. :shrug:
:stupid: I have to agree - this, to me, seems to be the poor man tune in a bottle. Is this stuff the same as that ol Marvel Mystery Oil? Somewhere out there I'm sure there is info that this stuff is harmful...

70stangcoupe said:
I used the SeaFoam earlier today. When it says it smokes, BELIEVE ME, it smokes like hell! Here's how I did it:

Remove vacuum line from PCV Valve. Car should start and run, just with a loud sucking sound coming from the end of the line. Pour some of the SeaFoam into your gas tank, that way you can tilt the bottle. Get the seafoam bottle right near the covered PCV line, then uncover it and shove it in the bottle and rev the piss out of it once or twice. Kill the motor, and dump the rest in your gas tank, or your oil. Don't put the whole bottle in your oil! The whole bottle can go in your gas tank, though. I bought two bottles, used them both, and smoked for a good 3 miles. lol
OK, so your saying the car should start and run without the pcv line attatched to the pcv valve. However i disconnected the line THEN started it and it ran like ****. Like it was going to die. is this normal or did i do something wrong?

My car was missing out a little when going down the highway or at low rpms when giving about 1/2 throttle. I used 1 can of seafoam in my gas tank and it took the rough idle away, the missing out, and it smoked like hell for a few miles but then all is good and since then I've had no trouble. That was probably 2 months ago too. My family swears by it. We've used it in every vehicle we've had, even our boat!

I was really nervous about dumping that stuff in my tank after I only had the car a week but it worked in all our other vehicles and it worked in mine.

When the car starts, it runs like **** with the PCV hose off the valve. Grab the end of the hose, and cover it with your finger. This will make the idle constant, giving you enough time to position yourself and get everything ready to stick the line into the SeaFoam can. When you take your finger off and jam the line into the can, you'll need to hold your idle with your throttle linkage.