Searching Disabled

• Sponsors (?)

i havent really had any problems at home

the computers at school are sucking it up but i figured it had to do with the blocked engine that they run

i just looked up alot on a 351w build and didnt have any problems at all with it

I have noticed some of the time I have to hit reload to make
pages appear.

Other times I don't see my replies load up to the point I can
view my final posted info ... however ... when I revisit the site
my post is there :shrug:

I've noticed this different behavior for about two weeks now.

Grady

i noticed this too about the snail speed....i thought it was my 50 dollar a month comcast crapola internet i have had nothing but trouble with, but when i auctually do visit a different site i realized it was just stangnet.... i wonder if the servers getting loaded....sn95 forums were down for a long time when they had to do the switch.....i hope everything is well at stangnet......

We are trying to find out the cause of it and may have it tacked down to some malicious injected searches performed by hackers, bots, or just really stupid users who cannot find their own arse (even with the help of the search button). :D

We'll have to see to make sure this issue does not keep coming up.

This site, amongst others in the Drive9 Media network, sits on a very nice server in a farm, so it's not like the hardware can't keep up with normal traffic loads. In fact load factors are extremely weak--it's the indexes in the forums that are huge and lagging it down.

Hmmm, maybe none of you care about this, but I felt it necessary to let you know the "why" behind what you are concerned about. Got questions? Let me know.

As always, thanks for the update Tim. :nice:

This time around I hadn't noticed anything slower than normal (dial-up and SN searches are often slow irregardless) but it's always nice for the guys to know what's going on.
I'll stop recursively searching about which gear is best and we'll see if the issue abates. :D