seat back frame

• Sponsors (?)

If you have access to a welder its pretty easy. The worst part is getting the seat cover off and the headrest out.

Here is what I did with mine.

I unbolted the seat back from the lower seat assembly.

Then I unzipped the bottom of the seat back cover and clipped the hog rings that secure the bottom of the cover to the frame and foam.

I removed the listing rods from the fabric pockets in the inside of the seat cover. Then I slowly turned the seat cover inside out until the only thing holding it on was the head rest.

The headrest takes a little work but there is how I did it. There are two tabs on the seat back frame that slip into notches on the headrest. I used two flat blade screwdrivers to hold the tabs out of the notches so that I could pull the headrest out.

With the headrest off I was able to remove the seat cover and foam.

I then found the damaged spot welds and a tear or two in the actual seat back frame. I rewelded the tears in the frame and actually welded all the seams on the frame so that it will NEVER lean again.

Putting it back together is pretty much the reverse of above.

I am sure that there a probably a few things that I forgot but you should be able to use everything above as a guide to get the cover off. That is the worst part.

i also added some steel plate behind it to help reinforce it so the weld would be stronger..So far so good. It took me 2 attempts but i got it. 1st attempt no steel plate reinforcing i was reaching to get my phone out my pocket and back rest popped lol. i was like O WTF