Seat Belt Mounting Locations

Cheapsnake

May 2, 2014
I just got done replacing floor pans and seat platforms on a 65 coupe and now realize there isn't any apparent mounts for the seat belt anchors. I checked the old pans and platforms - nothing there either. I thought seat belts were mandated around '63.

Anyway, this car is going to have belts. CJPP has the anchors, but they don't specify locations. Anybody got dimensions or a good pic of where they should go? I'd like to install shoulder belts as well, but without a B pillar, where would the should belt anchor go? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Did you do a full floor pan or just the foot wells ? The full pans have the place for belts .
If you have a 64 1/2s or a 65 , there is no back seat belt holes, but you can drill them .You will need a under floor reinforcement to keep the bolts from pulling through ,a large washer or steel plate will work.
My 65 fastback has no rear seat belt holes .
IMG_0228.jpg
IMG_0229.jpg

here are some pics of my 67 convert . The holes will be in the same location for 64 1/2 and 65, coupe and fast back.
IMG_0226.jpg
IMG_0227.jpg

This is the back seat area ,as long as you are close they will be fine .
IMG_0231.jpg
IMG_0230.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0228.jpg
    IMG_0228.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 1,325
  • IMG_0229.jpg
    IMG_0229.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 449
DOH! After all the hours of scraping, welding and painting around those holes, I always wondered what they were for. Thank goodness, one of the few things that weren't rusted. Thanks horse.