seat covers

myslo50

Jun 12, 2006
ohio
Why can't I just get front seat covers? My rear seats are in great condition, but my fronts are toast. Late model resto wants $365 for front and rear skins, but I don't need the rear.

• Sponsors (?)

When we bought my wife's 93 I asked the TMI folks about this very thing, since the side of her driver's seat had a tear in it. I was told that while the color of their covers is a match to the factory stuff, the pattern of the fabric part is slightly different. If you do just the fronts, they're not going to be an exact match to the rears.

Morning Guys - Just talked to LRS and unfortunately they are not able to break out Front Only sets - however, just got off the phone with CJ Pony Parts and they said they wouldn't have an issue doing a special order for you as long as you know the color match will not be 100% to your original. I think I see a 92 Summer Edition Convertible in your profile picture - so I'm guessing you're looking for Front Buckets in white leather?

If so, call CJ Pony at: 800-888-6473 and talk to Tom (he is expecting your call!)

Let me know if you need to see any samples!

Reactions: 1 user
I was just going to post the same thing. Especially the top of the rear seats where the sun comes beating through that back window. I've seen black seats turned almost a chalky grey on some.

One defense for heavy tint, I guess.

Note: I was not talking about the color, but the pattern of the fabric.
Ah. Yeah, that could definitely be an issue.