Seat Reupholstery???

ImportEater98

Mar 17, 2003
Worcester, MA
Thinking that i like the look of my LX stock seats.....just hate the color. They are baby poo brown. I really want to get them reupholstered in black cloth, but judging by the cost of the do-it-yourself reupholstering kits (like $300+) i can only imagine what a shop would charge me to get it done. Anyone ever go this route? If so what's a ballpark figure for price? Any input would be great.
Thanks
-John

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks Chris......man, i really want to stick with cloth though. My seats are mint minus 1 burn hole. The sliders work, the bases aren't rotted and the foam/springs are perfect
Hate to junk a perfectly good seat because its an ugly color..........HELP!

Go get you a few cans of upholstery dye in whatever color you want. Clean the seats real good and spray them per the instructions. $20 and the job is paid for. I have done this and it works great. mI had heard that it doesn't work and the dye will rub off on your clothes ....etc....blablabla. I did not experience any of this.

I would have to say it to be a 50/50 type of procedure. If you do it correctly, there's a good chance it will be fine. But if you do it incorrectly, don't know what you are doing, or if enough time goes by, some may start rubbing onto those nice white clothes. Then what do you have? A two-toned seat that looks like crap. It's just a risk you take when doing something like that.