Seats....help

Lens88fox

Jul 31, 2016
Canada
Hello guys , I am returning to the mustang fold, after being away from it for far too long, I had a 2000gt now I bought a 1988 gt, I never had to do any work on my 2000 so Im kind of new to the whole thing, but what year seats fit in an 88, I dont need them powered or anything, I can get a great deal on a set of 1996 seats out of a wrecked 6 cyl for 100 bucks would the bolt in, also he is throwing in the back seat for free too, would these work and are they direct bolt in, sorry if I sound like a noob.

• Sponsors (?)

Hello guys , I am returning to the mustang fold, after being away from it for far too long, I had a 2000gt now I bought a 1988 gt, I never had to do any work on my 2000 so Im kind of new to the whole thing, but what year seats fit in an 88, I dont need them powered or anything, I can get a great deal on a set of 1996 seats out of a wrecked 6 cyl for 100 bucks would the bolt in, also he is throwing in the back seat for free too, would these work and are they direct bolt in, sorry if I sound like a noob.

Yes, the front seats will bolt directly in. From what I understand, the back seat will go, but requires a little work. I believe @hoopty5.0 did this, maybe he'll chime in.

Reactions: 1 user
Front seats bolt in. Rear seat can go but requires some modification. The seat backs require you to remove the SN95 "skin" and install on the fox frames. Bottom cushion has a different floor pan contour, so you need to reinforce the edges, or if nobody sits there like in my car, just lay it flat

c4e4d34f1b98c4fe95485ba426b1336a.jpg

bebed8c5baf0238fddfbb3c9cc6e7ebe.jpg

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Front seats bolt in. Rear seat can go but requires some modification. The seat backs require you to remove the SN95 "skin" and install on the fox frames. Bottom cushion has a different floor pan contour, so you need to reinforce the edges, or if nobody sits there like in my car, just lay it flat

c4e4d34f1b98c4fe95485ba426b1336a.jpg

bebed8c5baf0238fddfbb3c9cc6e7ebe.jpg

Also would seats from a 2007 ranger work too, they are leather, I also have a grant steering wheel at my parents house still in a box 1064 I think its discontinued now and I cant seem to find anywhere if it fits an 1988 its a five bolt, thanks for all the help, I like it here better, I mean no disrespect to the Mopar guys but I sold my mopar cause they aint the nicest people and not very helpful, mustang/ford people are way better and always willing to help.

I doubt the ranger seats would work. I think you'd need to make custom brackets. At least with 79-04 mustangs there are the same basic chassis.

Who new I could learn soooo much about our neighboring countries right here on Stangnet, eh?

So, to honor you guys from the frozen north, I'm going to go cook up some fatback and down it with Molsen's:cheers::fap:

Who new I could learn soooo much about our neighboring countries right here on Stangnet, eh?

So, to honor you guys from the frozen north, I'm going to go cook up some fatback and down it with Molsen's:cheers::fap:
Or Labat

Or some labatts blue......if you never want to have a solid :poo: again.

Well maybe we can meet for some maple syrup and watch some hockey, I will just take my polar bear....eh
Ok....the real funny part about all this, is that I live in Waterloo....about 15-minutes from you. lol

So, you pretty tight with Ryan Reynolds then?
I'm tighter with his wife, if you know what I mean. ;)