Second to Fifth

JOEGTS

Jul 23, 2005
Port Saint Lucie, FL
I recently purchased an 03 Mach1 that is equipped with the 3650 trans. This is the fourth mustang I have owned but the first without a T5. This past saturday night I took the car to the track and made 3 runs. On all three runs I kept shifting from second to fifth. The car has a Tri-Ax shifter just as my past two T5 equipped mustangs had. This shifter does not seem to have as strong a spring in the shifter as my last two. The gears also seem to be quite a bit closer than a T5's are. I have only driven the car about 400 miles since I've owned it and 300 of those were highway miles. Has anyone else had this problem or am I just an idiot? This was also the first time I had ever beat on the car.

• Sponsors (?)

I had a Hurst short throw in my '93 GT and the gear throws were very obvious. But when I got my MGW in my Mach, I found it somewhat challenging at first to know what gear I was in because the shifting pattern was so damn close to each other. It took a week or so (city driving) to get use to the pattern of it.