sediment in station tanks?

Discussion in '1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-' started by crushnut, Feb 4, 2004.

1. crushnut

crushnut New Member

Do any of you guys not fill up at a certain gas station for awhile if you see the ''big truck'' there filling up the tanks? I heard that it stirs up the sediment and crap at the bottom of the tanks, and then that stuff gets pumped into your tank. Is this something to worry about or is it just some people being paranoid :shrug:

2. Route666

Route666 Active Member

I vote for paranoia. Sure it might stir up some sediment, but there's a hell of a lot of fuel going in there to dilute it, and that's what fuel filters are for.

3. rbohm

Founding Member

i have never had a problem, so i would vote with paranoia

4. zookeeper

Founding Member

I think that's an urban legend. My brother believes it 100%, but I've never heard of anyone having problems. Seems like a lot of people know someone who lives next to the guy who's cousin had it happen to him though... :D

5. cstang68

cstang68 New Member

There's a better reason not to fill up while, or immediatly after the trucks have filled the tanks. I went to arco the other day and it took me 15 friggn min to put 10 gal in my tank. The guy inside said that when they fill the underground tanks the fuel gets all sloshed around which forms bubbles. I guess the pumps have to filter out the bubbles making it pump slower