Seems like a blown fuse game..

MSM0075

May 13, 2003
Central Jersey
I've been getting a little tired driving around at night with no cluster lights. I started with checking out the fuse box. The fuse for the cluster lights is a 5 amp, It was blown so I replaced it with another new 5amp thinking that would be the problem, soon as i turn on my lights it pops. So I tryed putting a larger fuse in. It held but it blew my fog lights fuse instead. I checked all the fuses in the box and all are at specifcations. Why are these blowing?? Is it beacuse of my radio or something? Reason why I ask is beacuse thats the only aftermarket wiring i've done to this car.

Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

most fuses blowing is caused by wiring grounding out. Check behind your stero see if any of the wires are kink/exsposed. Mine used to blow fuses, found a few loose wires that would ground on really bad bumps or sharp turns. Either way, hopefully it will be obvious, wiring work is never any fun .

you have gotten good advice. the stereo lighting wire often gets taped (tape falls off)or just tossed back there and shorts out.

the dimmer switch can go south and cause some headaches too. as said, if all else fails try disconnecting one chunk of the lighting at a time (i.e. HVAC lighting) till you dont blow the fuse.

i would not try to run a fatter fuse - you could fry something else.

good luxk.