seized spark plug

Oct 10, 2006
Hey, everyone
Can I get some ideas on how to get it out. Im worried about stripping threads.
Im using a 5/8ths socket, U-Joint and extension. The Socket is also stuck on the plug. I can pull out the u-joint and extentsion though.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey, everyone
Can I get some ideas on how to get it out. Im worried about stripping threads.
Im using a 5/8ths socket, U-Joint and extension. The Socket is also stuck on the plug. I can pull out the u-joint and extentsion though.

Does it not turn at all or does it turn and not come out? If its just spinning then your threads are gone anyway. If it wont turn then you have no choice but get it out. Are you turning it the right way? Are you spraying it with any WD40 or some kind of oil that will get in and help it? If you mess up the threads you can always helicoil it. Its not a big deal.

One other suggestion: I purchased a spark plug socket that had a swivel and extension built into it from Autozone a few years back. This saved me the headache of trying to retrieve the socket when it came off the extension and was stuck on the plug. See if they still sell it, you'll be glad you got it!

put the extentsion and u-joint back in and try to tightin the plug alittle it should free the socket then pull it out > you get the socket out with this but not the plug > I had the same problem wiht my cobra the plugs get so hot in the head the don't want to come out > I had to WELD the plud on to the extentsion and use a long handle racket to get mine to break lose > > I don't know about the 2v motors but I wouldn't use the u-joint unless you really have to > if it break off in the head then your REALLY screwed > another trick I learned from years of working on quads is start up the motor > and let it warm-up good> it will be HOT AS H3LL when you start to work on it but the head will exspand and the plug will come right out > good luck