Sell the 65 or the 72?

I hate to do this, but my family and i just bought a new house (se future thread in the talk section). The bad part is that the HOA doesn't allow perminant parking (like too many overnighters) on the street. Right now our family has 6 cars (3 mustangs are mine).

The other thing is that the HOA doesn't really allow any 'work' to be done on cars. (i did get it in writing that if i keep things cleen and the project in the garage, and i don't use power tools late at night it'll be ok). But I'll have to get the 65 back together (paint stripping) and running anyways prior to the move anyways.

But the parking thing is the main problem. That means I only could keep either the 65 or the 72. I like both, but the 65 was my first car, plus the one i've driven for years. The 72 I've had roughly done for almost a year now, and enjoy driving it when i can (which hasn't been much lately due to time and the heat). There is a couple things I have to clean up before i'm willing to sell the 72, so i don't have the dreadful PO cursing.

The other option is to store one of the cars for 2 years (the amount of time we'll be in the house). But that doesn't make too much sense, especially if it's the 72.

The thing is I'll have to discount the 72 from the amount of $ i have in it (upwards of about $15k). But the good thing is that it's a very sharp looking car that is fully documented.

What would you guys do? And yes I know that i should keep both, but the procedes would go to other investments that will allow me to build a FF5 cobra in about a year, in my own house outside of an HOA (if not sooner).

Urgg!!!!!! Decisions!!

• Sponsors (?)

I knew there was a reason I bought a house without a HOA!!!

Might want to talk to me about storing a car at my house. If I ever get around to building my brickwall fence for my backyard I'd have plenty of safe parking on the side of my house.

Why don't you try to find a nice neighbor and pay them like 20 bucks a month to keep ur car in their garage. A buddy of mine parks his mullett machine(camaro):) in his neighbors garage and pays her every month. Works well, he keeps the car indoors and it doesnt take up his whole garage. Just a suggestion cause I hate seeing one of us lose a stang.

If you are only planning on staying in the "restricted living" environment for a short time (you seem to indicate a year or less), then store it at your current residence (that you indicate will be a RTO situation in your "talk section" post). I keep 2 of my parts cars at my rental house.

oboebrian said:
Well.... kinda, but it does deal directly with mustangs that have been the basis for many many tech articles. Plus I'm looking for creative input, not necessarily hijackings.
I fully agree.
Some folks are too sensitive about this issue.

Your cousin's cat topic goes in another thread.
If it deals directly with a Ford/Stang, even if it is advice on personal issues, it should be fine here.

My .02
Dave