Sell the current car and buy a Notch?

Busted07

I need my gorilla to be about an inch longer.
Nov 15, 2005
Well i have a dilemma. I have my 1991 LX that has been going through the modding stage for 4 years. I originally took the car apart because of a #1 top piston ring broke in half. I bought heads, cams, intake, and it turned into a ground up restoration. I got divorced, and the nice lady i was married to decided to leave every bill we owed 3 months behind. So i had to sell everything but the bare block and rolling chassis.

Up to date- Here i am 4 years later, and the car still isnt running. It has taken me this long to re-buy all the parts. Im about fed up honestly. I just want to drive the damn thing.

I have a chance to buy a nice red notch with black interior. Intake, full exhaust, cam and everything else is basically stock for 4k. I know its worth more than that, and thats why im considering selling everything i have to get it. Heres some pictures of what i have now... whatcha think i could get for everything i have right now if i sold it outright?

Car as it sits.. Stock 3.08 gears, stock brakes, stock black interior (plastic in hatch area needs help, and black seats are kinda faded) Mega-bite Jr LCAs, boxed UCAs, MM full length XL subframe connectors (not welded in yet) MM 6 point roll cage with swingout door bars (not welded in yet) Wiring harness removed due to switching to carb.

433.jpg

interior as of right now...

dash.jpg

And the motor as of right now..

engine44.jpg

Stock block bored .030 over - balanced
FRPP balancer
Eagle forged crank
Eagle forged rods
TFS 10:1 forged pistons
TFS Trackheat heads
TFS stage II cam
TFS hardened pushrods
FRPP timing chain
Melling hi flow oil pump
ARP hardened oil pump shaft
MSD Billet dizzy
Edelbrock Air Gap Intake
Edelbrock hi flow water pump
New stock oil pan
Holley 650 DP carb
Billet air cleaner
MAC shorty headers
Melling replacement in-tank sending unit
Electric fuel pump
Braided fuel line & all fittings
Canister type fuel filter
FPR & Gauge

So what should i do... finish the car i have, or sell everything and buy this notch and possibly a few upgrades?

Attachments

• 433.jpg
    433.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 82
  • dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 69
  • engine44.jpg
    engine44.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Sponsors (?)

if you want something you made. finish your car. it will be worth it. and it looks plaenty good. if you want something to drive RIGHT NOW get the notch but you dont need a daily driver cuz you got the f one fiddy. it hard to say i like notches but LX hatches are next on my list. i guess im getting tired of my 2 GT's. but personally i would keep the hatch and finish it.

keep your car you've had it for how long and put x ammount of dollars into it..

I bought it in 1995 and have had it ever since. I think im just frustrated with all the little stuff thats wrong with it, and thinking about starting over. The paint sucks, the interior needs help, the engine bay isnt the way i want it, and im playing hell trying to find someone to weld all of my stuff together. Plus i just started this job and im broke as far as money for the car. :bang:

personally i would say sell it and get the notch. The notch seems like its a good deal. Think of it this way, which would you rather have in the future? a carbed lx or a fuel injected notch? IMO would def be the notch, and you can still make it your "own" so there is no point in putting more money into something that i think you might get bored of.

I'll be very honest ... it sounds like you neither have the time nor will have the money in the near future to finish it. Let's face it, only very few people actually finsih the project they started because other things come up over the course of time: family, money, jobs, a/ka/ priorities. Therefore, it sounds like the best and most enjoyable solution for you is to sell your car and buy that notch.

i would keep it.. its better to build it yourself, then buy one already made, in my opinion.. if my car was already done, i wouldnt have much to look forward to on those nice days. plus, if your luck is anything like mine.. you will sell everything, and then find out the notch is gone.. i would keep it.

personally i would say sell it and get the notch. The notch seems like its a good deal. Think of it this way, which would you rather have in the future? a carbed lx or a fuel injected notch? IMO would def be the notch, and you can still make it your "own" so there is no point in putting more money into something that i think you might get bored of.

Im not bored with the car i have, im just frustrated that its still not running. I guess im just frustrated to the point that id give all the work, time and money up for something thats running.

Maybe i need to quit being a bitch and just work my ass off to get this thing running.

Ok, so i made a list of what i need to buy, and what i need to install..

to buy:

Starter
Carb studs
Upper & lower radiator hoses
90 degree hose that goes from water pump to thermostat housing
Thermostat
Throttle linkage
Clutch quadrant
Timing pointer
Dumps

To install:

Roll cage fitted and welded in