Selling my car....Whats a fair price for it?

95CobraMike

Apr 12, 2004
Lima OH
Well, im selling the stang.... im looking to buy a house and need some help on a down payment... What do you think would be a fair asking price for it?
here are some details
1994 cobra
73,200 miles (bought the car 2 years ago with 68,000)
new engine and tranny (engine has 1667 miles on it to date) tranny has maybe 2500
Most of the mods are in the sig...
it was just tuned by lidio at alternative auto performance about 3 weeks ago
made 404 rwhp and 396 tq

some pictures

PICT0362.jpg

IM001720.jpg

IM001889.jpg

PICT0084.jpg

PICT0128.jpg

PICT9015.jpg

PICT0184.jpg

Attachments

• PICT0362.jpg
    PICT0362.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 65
  • IM001720.jpg
    IM001720.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IM001889.jpg
    IM001889.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 51
  • PICT0084.jpg
    PICT0084.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 64
  • PICT0128.jpg
    PICT0128.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 73
  • PICT9015.jpg
    PICT9015.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 63
  • PICT0184.jpg
    PICT0184.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 58
  • Sponsors (?)

dont sell it man. Your car is beautiful

You will probably have a hard time geting over 10k, even tho im sure its worth that, but thats just the way the used car market is.

10k isnt such a huge ammount that its life changing, so keep the car. Just dont do anymods and save your money for the downpayment!

I would start listing it for $10K obo, if no one bites at that price, drop it by $500. Remember, $9500 sounds alot cheaper than $10K to people for some reason...thats just my experience. One more thing to remember, whatever your asking price is, that's the most you can get for it so don't start too low, if anything start a little higher and come down slowly.

Personally I would never sell that car cuz it's always been one of my favorites...if it had side exhaust and was rio red it would be everything I want mine to be.

P.S. if you really want to maximize your profit it would be best to sell some of the stuff separately, namely the S/C kit and stuff like that.

I went through this phase. I sold my gt, and a few years later ended up buying my Cobra. It's a really nice car though. With the blower, the color, and the fact it is really clean, I would say 10K. However, you are a few months late in the selling cars game. At this point in the summer, realistically, I would say in the 9K range. It's tasefully modded, so that will be on yourside. Its not a factory motor, that hurts a bit.

If the right person is out there though, I could see 10K easy. I would have been interested a few months ago, but I blew my years budget on a nice surround sound system and Huge TV. It rains so much here, I needed something to do.

Good luck though. I hope you get what your looking for. She is deffinetly gonna be hard to part with.......

Yeah i was kinda thinking 10k would be the price i would get... i was certainly hoping for more.... but thats the way it goes :shrug:

Wytstang.... ok even trade sounds good here.... :D

Chris, you're partly right.... i kinda am giving up, it is tons of fun to drive and im glad its working right, but its just a money pit im just going to keep throwing money at it and the sale price isnt going to go up any.... so i ask, what is the point? Heck i bought it 2 years ago for $9500... i've only put maybe 4,000ish miles on it and dropped about $7,000 and look where i am.... pretty much down 7k with scared hands.... where does it end?

it will never end! but the only thing to look forward to is years from now when you have the house payments easily paid, you'll look back at that 10k you put down on the house and thing, "DAM i wish i would have just kept that car"

Its only money anyway....just make more...

Not a week goes by that i don't hear my dad complain about how he should have kept this car or that car.

ya, my dad regrets ever selling his 66 mustang gt HiPo. any time i ponder doing the same he just tells me i'd regret it. but it IS your car not mine... do what ya gotta do i guess, at least in the housing market you could make money by selling it if you're lucky... then just buy an even better car!!!

I honestly do not see even $8500 without the right buyer. It is an older car.

Keep the car... that $10k is only like $60 a month on the mtg anyway..

Then if you have to turn around $$ later to help you out at least you kept the car a while longer...

Not trying to be rude, I love your car.. Liek for mine I have about $9k in it total and it is worth about $6k... at least it's paid for ya know...

I too almost sold my car...but the wife wouldnt let me...she knoew I would just end up spending twice as much on the next car I bought...so instead, I bought myself some new heads, cam, tranny, and did a few little thinks to the bottom end...honestly it will NEVER end, but you cant take money with you when you die! Jsu dont have kids...like I am trying to do, then you wont have to worry about college for the little rugrats...and bam...got yourself lots more thousands for the car!