Selling new 342 and going to AFR 408!!

SmockDoiley

Jun 14, 2003
San Diego, CA
So like most americans, I can never have enough. So before even getting my current combo dyno-tuned, I've been wanting to get something better, meaner, and more powerful. What do you guys think of a 17 lb boosted 205AFR headed, custom cammed 408? Anyone want to buy my current engine. It only has 500 miles on it and its fully forged with main support and all. Had it built by local machine shop. Its a brand new roller block with standard bore. If you want to see my current setup, check out my sig for link to cardomain page. You may have to copy and paste it to your web bar. Anyone have guesses for power output of my proposed 408 project? Anyone in Socal interested in new 342?

• Sponsors (?)

I would think 800+ on the 408 boosted wouldn't be a problem if built right and if you have the fuel to supply it.. a good 408 should do 550-600 fwhp N/A. And since i'm giving opinions i think your web page needs a page 7 with more of the last two on page 6 :banana:

ya a boosted 408 is basically my dream engine. I mean i have seen many n/a 408's running low 10's to high 9's. But with boost its more like the low 9 to 8 second range. If i were you and had the financial support i would definetly do it.

Thats funny stuff PonyBoy, the wife liked that comment, lol. Anyways, a blown 408 would rule over everything and still not be that nose heavy with the aluminum heads and stuff. I'm thinking 8to1 comp, and a good 800-850 carb should handle the duties alright.