selling price?

96v6firstcar

Jul 22, 2003
maine
he guys... well i now belong to the GT club :D. i just picked up a silver 2002 gt with every option, black leather interior, and LOTS OF POWER... anyways i was wondering what i should sell my other one for....

i paid 3500 and thought that was a killer deal a year ago... heres what its all about

130,000 miles
5 speed
red
2003 rims
cold air intake

now heres some of the probs

*cig burn on center counsal under e-break (was going to cover it up with ford emblem but never got aroudn to it)
*steering wheel shakes when you break (if anyone has any ideas why lemme know :D)...also when your stopping you feel the breaks pulsate like something is warped
*the front bumper is pitted up from average road salt and what not and there is a scuff in only the paint not the body from an accident (i have a bra on it)
*when the clutch is out it often squeaks like the throw out bearing is gone on it or something... ususaly not that loud but noticable to the driver with no music on

overall its a decent car but those things get to me since im a perfectionest.... i was just wondreing what you thought i could get back out of it... i really wanted 3500 back but the more i think about it im thinkin 3000 is what ill end up takin in hopefuly?

thanks for the input guys

• Sponsors (?)

96v6firstcar said:
he guys... well i now belong to the GT club :D. i just picked up a silver 2002 gt with every option, black leather interior, and LOTS OF POWER... anyways i was wondering what i should sell my other one for....

i paid 3500 and thought that was a killer deal a year ago... heres what its all about

130,000 miles
5 speed
red
2003 rims
cold air intake

now heres some of the probs

*cig burn on center counsal under e-break (was going to cover it up with ford emblem but never got aroudn to it)
*steering wheel shakes when you break (if anyone has any ideas why lemme know :D)...also when your stopping you feel the breaks pulsate like something is warped
*the front bumper is pitted up from average road salt and what not and there is a scuff in only the paint not the body from an accident (i have a bra on it)
*when the clutch is out it often squeaks like the throw out bearing is gone on it or something... ususaly not that loud but noticable to the driver with no music on

overall its a decent car but those things get to me since im a perfectionest.... i was just wondreing what you thought i could get back out of it... i really wanted 3500 back but the more i think about it im thinkin 3000 is what ill end up takin in hopefuly?

thanks for the input guys

You should donate it to a junk yard...

J/k I'd probably pay around 3000 for it, but who knows if you put it up for 3500 you may get someone willing, maybe they'll give you a 3250 offer.

DcDisturbed947 said:
I'd probably pay around 3000 for it, but who knows if you put it up for 3500 you may get someone willing, maybe they'll give you a 3250 offer.

I agree.
List it for $3500. Then act like that's your firm price, but you may be willing to "work with them." :D

no fin joke... when i bought that 96v6 i was a poor kid and just thought it was a nice lookin car with some go to it (...i thought it had go till i got my GT :D). but its like you join a brotherhood haha

96v6firstcar:

The problem you have is with your rotors. They are warped. Run your fingers accross them and you will feel grooves, there should be NONE! The pulsing of the brake pedal and wheel is from the brakes going over these grooves. Take you rotors in and if they have enough clearance they can be ground down till smooth again. If you don't you'll probably have problems selling the car. NO ONE wants to drive a car that feels like it's falling apart. :jester: . Good luck with your sale. :nice:

this is very true!... how much do you think it will cost to fix this?... thats the only reason i wouldnt buy my car if i were out looking for one in similar year haha the shaking would scare me out of it

96v6firstcar said:
no fin joke... when i bought that 96v6 i was a poor kid and just thought it was a nice lookin car with some go to it (...i thought it had go till i got my GT :D). but its like you join a brotherhood haha

I just want to say, if your 18 and your mommy and daddy didn't buy or co-sign for your car, then 1. You must have started accumulating credit when you were 12 and have a job making 30k+ a year or 2. You paid cash..which I call :bs: on for the record. At any rate, I don't mean to sound like I'm just out to rip on you, but if you're 18 and you drive a GT, then you had help from someone...maybe a relative but you didn't buy and finance a GT working at the local Burger King and still have the money to insure it at that age. Anyways, back on topic, I'd have to say try to sell the old Stang for about $3500. That's being pretty reasonable and I don't think it will take too long for someone to buy it off you. Best of luck and enjoy the new ride. :flag: :nice:

Mean03V6 said:
I just want to say, if your 18 and your mommy and daddy didn't buy or co-sign for your car, then 1. You must have started accumulating credit when you were 12 and have a job making 30k+ a year or 2. You paid cash..which I call :bs: on for the record. At any rate, I don't mean to sound like I'm just out to rip on you, but if you're 18 and you drive a GT, then you had help from someone...maybe a relative but you didn't buy and finance a GT working at the local Burger King and still have the money to insure it at that age. Anyways, back on topic, I'd have to say try to sell the old Stang for about $3500. That's being pretty reasonable and I don't think it will take too long for someone to buy it off you. Best of luck and enjoy the new ride. :flag: :nice:

haha i hate to say it but i worked it out ALL on my own.. yes i did have the owner of the business co sign for me but thats obvious, and yes i wouldnt doubt that i make more than you :D normaly i wouldnt say that but you cant judge a book by its cover... im pulling down an average of 20-30 an hour... i know thats not much but its pretty fin decent when your only 18, and have your own office... ill be more than glad to take pix of the office too :D

im an assistant manager (my job is puttin me through college trying to get me to run the place), and i designed the webpage for my job

so yes i did have a cosigner, and no i paid 100% for the car on my own... its not like my mom would be able to help haha we live in a trailer park :)

"you didn't buy and finance a GT working at the local Burger King and still have the money to insure it at that age."
^haha actualy ive got more than enough money to go around after those bills, i figure in 6-8 months my car should be blown

edit: BTW as my sig says "whos mommy and daddy didnt buy it for them", not who didnt have someone cosign for them... come on man. i just hate people that have that mentality, like if your at a store in line and they help the adult thinking your just a kid with no money...

96v6firstcar said:
btw meano3v6... dont hate b/c your stuck in a 3.8 man :jester:

:owned:

Ok, now I'm pi$$ed. So, you make $20-30 an hour and live in a trailer park? :scratch: Yeah, that makes sense. If someone co-signs for you, as you admitted they did, then you DID NOT buy the car by yourself and thus you lied. Furthermore, "Stuck in a 3.8?" Let me tell you, my last car was a 2001 GT and I traded it b/c the performance SUCKED A$$! I got sick of hiding my face every time a 5.7 rolled up next to me. I could go right now and buy a Saleen if I wanted, but I don't believe in spending that kind of money on a car for one and for two, I don't need to compensate for anything. But to tell you the truth, the real reason I sold it is because of people like you who think they're better than everybody just b/c they have .8 liters more under the hood. Excuse me if I'm not impressed. You know, I used to really love Mustangs. All types, all models, it just didn't matter to me. But, after having owned 4 and having met hundreds of people who own GT's and act like you, I'm seriously considering putting the Stang up for sale in a few months and saying screw it b/c I'm sick of taking crap off of you guys when you wouldn't even have a 4.6 if not for the sales of the 3.8L. I hate to say it, but there's a 2000 Trans-Am WS.6 for sale close to me with only 20k miles on it, and I'm seriously thinking of ditching the Stang and going with the T/A just so I can meet people like you at the track and finally shut you up. Enjoy your rice-beater.
P.S.- I'll let you know when I pick up the T/A...then we can meet at the track and see who gets :owned:

I could've bought a GT at age 18 if I wanted to and financed it on my own. I didn't cause I didn't know anything about cars, I just knew I liked them mustang and they were having offers on the V6, going for 12,995. Its like I woke up one day, I looked at the paper and I saw it, so I just went and got it, was SOOOO happy with it until I started talking to other mustang owners. They made me start liking not only my car, but all mustangs less, just because the way the act.
Personally if I would've known I probably would've rather never joined this forum, or any for that matter, and be the happiest guy in the world in his V6.
I learned to not let anybody get to me with it and now I'm happy again, wouldn't really trade it in for a V8, not interested, I'm saving for an M3 and get out of the all these Mustang wars.
I figured Mustang owners, from 4 cylinders to 8 cylinders would all be friends and stick together against all other cars, I mean lets be honest here, in the rice world, mustang is hated more than most cars, and what? We can't turn to other mustang owners for help cause they'll hate too? So there's nobody to turn to, we're all on owr own. As soon as I have them money I'm sure there's a 95% chance that I'll ditch the Stang, even though I love it so much

I saved and bought my mustang and everything for it making 11.00 an hour working at Menards home improvement while i was in college. :shrug: Living expenses are dirt cheap where i live though, but even after saving 3500, i still had some money to play around with. :D . worked appx 35 hr/while attending school full time. Of course i have good credit and used some college loan money too :rolleyes: . Stick with the stang, theres lots of good stang owners around too. IMO comaro owners are even more A$$ holes then stang owners.

94 3.8l stang said:
I saved and bought my mustang and everything for it making 11.00 an hour working at Menards home improvement while i was in college. :shrug: Living expenses are dirt cheap where i live though, but even after saving 3500, i still had some money to play around with. :D . worked appx 35 hr/while attending school full time. Of course i have good credit and used some college loan money too :rolleyes: . Stick with the stang, theres lots of good stang owners around too. IMO comaro owners are even more A$$ holes then stang owners.

what want is to get that M3 (its my fav car other than exotic cars, I don't care what ANYBODY says) and I'm not gonna join ANY forums or anything that are related to it. I'm just gonna enjoy the ride every time I drive it and be happy. And I don't want to hear anybody give me crap about the car I like, I don't to hear any "oh for 20k less you can get a cobra thats just as fast if not faster blah blah blah" I DO NOT GIVE A RATS ASS!!! It is the car I like and want

Mean03V6 said:
Ok, now I'm pi$$ed. So, you make $20-30 an hour and live in a trailer park? :scratch: Yeah, that makes sense. If someone co-signs for you, as you admitted they did, then you DID NOT buy the car by yourself and thus you lied. Furthermore, "Stuck in a 3.8?" Let me tell you, my last car was a 2001 GT and I traded it b/c the performance SUCKED A$$! I got sick of hiding my face every time a 5.7 rolled up next to me. I could go right now and buy a Saleen if I wanted, but I don't believe in spending that kind of money on a car for one and for two, I don't need to compensate for anything. But to tell you the truth, the real reason I sold it is because of people like you who think they're better than everybody just b/c they have .8 liters more under the hood. Excuse me if I'm not impressed. You know, I used to really love Mustangs. All types, all models, it just didn't matter to me. But, after having owned 4 and having met hundreds of people who own GT's and act like you, I'm seriously considering putting the Stang up for sale in a few months and saying screw it b/c I'm sick of taking crap off of you guys when you wouldn't even have a 4.6 if not for the sales of the 3.8L. I hate to say it, but there's a 2000 Trans-Am WS.6 for sale close to me with only 20k miles on it, and I'm seriously thinking of ditching the Stang and going with the T/A just so I can meet people like you at the track and finally shut you up. Enjoy your rice-beater.
P.S.- I'll let you know when I pick up the T/A...then we can meet at the track and see who gets :owned:

yeah i do live in a trailer park... maybe you forgot but im 18 living with my parents... thus i live where they live... that make sence you you?

and im not saying the v6 is a bad car at all nor am i saying im better than anyone but when <B>you</b> start up on my about how this cant be possible i do get offended because you dont know me (haha not to sound like one of those people on springer)... and i still bought the car myself they just put their name on paper because as you said i have no credit, im still paying 100% of it

btw
"But, after having owned 4 and having met hundreds of people who own GT's and act like you"

exactly how do i act?... i was just telling you off for calling me a liar, maybe im wrong here but i do get offended when other people get in my personal business like that

anyone else chime in if you think that having someone co-sign for you means that you didnt buy the car because you have 0 credit...

edit: and i agree with you im all about mustangs period be it 4 - 8 cyl... but he just sounded like he was calling me a liar because he couldnt afford one himself at 18... thus me making the crack about the 6, but hell man thats a killer 6 in the stang and its got a great package all around to boot, i was just upset from him calling me a liar...

96v6firstcar said:
edit: and i agree with you im all about mustangs period be it 4 - 8 cyl... but he just sounded like he was calling me a liar because he couldnt afford one himself at 18... thus me making the crack about the 6, but hell man thats a killer 6 in the stang and its got a great package all around to boot, i was just upset from him calling me a liar...

I know I'd be mad too

personally i thinks the v8 owners should stay out of the v6'ers forums... apparently it makes numerous people furiated, to me it doesnt matter, because my brother has a GT and i know exactly how much better it is than mine. My brother just turned 18 in june, and has had the car for over a year, yes because my parents 'helped him with the car.' their paying roughly 10% of it for him, and he is paying the rest of it off over the course of 4 years. before that he had a v6 in which he had enough money to buy half of (1500)(thats how we do our first cars, we pay for half) and right now im fine with my v6, because im only 16, maybe down the road ill buy a GT, or hell, maybe even further down the road one of these wrx sti's
:shrug:
btw 96v6firstcar sounds liek one of those 'made men' lol, and you can't touch a made man!