Selling the GT...

Skidzz

Tinkerbell
Apr 11, 2005
Salt Lake City, UT
Soon I'll be getting a new job and selling my house. I've decided that it's just not worth the amount of money that it would take to get my GT where I want it. I've been struck with 4-valve fever. I would love to buy an 03-04 cobra, but I'd have to finance one, and I don't think that's a wise decision right now. I think I'll look for a prestine 96-98 cobra. Then I'll just do exhaust, suspension, shifter, slap a blower on and be done with it. I think I'll be a lot happier in the long run than I would be if I dropped another $15k on my GT. So for now, I'll just continue to take great care of the GT until then so that I can get as much as possible out of it.

• Sponsors (?)

:stupid: Cobras are sexy and thats a wise choice :nice: But you know with thoes mods you wont be done with it, the bug always bites :D

Although your GT in its current state is faster than a STOCK 96-98 Cobra, I still think the SN95 Cobra is a better car to have due to its rarity, 4V platform, & they are dead sexy!!!

I love my Mach now, but at first it was hard to give up my 97 Cobra for it....I had them both for about a month, but finally i had to let the Cobra go...

Picture098.jpg

Picture099.jpg

Although your GT in its current state is faster than a STOCK 96-98 Cobra, I still think the SN95 Cobra is a better car to have due to its rarity, 4V platform, & they are dead sexy!!!

Yea, it'll be hard to let the GT go for a car that isn't quite as fast. I have a lot of pride in my car and I always used to say that I'd never get rid of it, but with equal mods, the Cobra will be WAY faster than my GT has ever been. Oh, and 4v's sound SO much better :drool: and it's a better platform to start with, with a lot more potential.

IMO selling your GT and getting basically nothing for it then down the line spending almost twice as much on a car that needs mods to be just as fast is not economically wise.
For that price difference and the time you're willing to wait (in saving for a cobra), i think it'd be easier and less money to spend that money on some 03/04 cobra internals and put together your own supercharger or single turbo kit. Then you might have the fastest early Sn-95 in WV.
Buying a Cobra and going FI isn't cheap. If you said you're going to save for a Mach 1 or a S197 i'd say go for it cuz that's a good investment and those cars are in a different league. But a B head cobra isn't worth the time and money and effort wasted in selling your car that you built up.

IMO selling your GT and getting basically nothing for it then down the line spending almost twice as much on a car that needs mods to be just as fast is not economically wise.
For that price difference and the time you're willing to wait (in saving for a cobra), i think it'd be easier and less money to spend that money on some 03/04 cobra internals and put together your own supercharger or single turbo kit. Then you might have the fastest early Sn-95 in WV.
Buying a Cobra and going FI isn't cheap. If you said you're going to save for a Mach 1 or a S197 i'd say go for it cuz that's a good investment and those cars are in a different league. But a B head cobra isn't worth the time and money and effort wasted in selling your car that you built up.

Actually, I might consider an 03-04 cobra. I plan to sell the GT, and then add about $5000 from the money I get out of my house. So, I'm thinking if I can sell the GT for maybe.....$8000? That would give me $13,000 for my next Stang. That would be a nice down payment on an 03-04 Cobra. Hmm.....I guess we'll see what happens.

I drove a neighbors 04 cobra (just magnaflow catback and interior mods) last summer for about 10 min and i could of killed myself when i got home, for the money i put into my car i could of had an 03/04 cobra... its a tottaly differant beast them 32V's

plus the girls loooove it

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead.

So, I recently landed a great full-time job. I'm an Air Technician for the Utah ANG. Went from flight line maintainer to a nice desk job with my own office (I'm a maintenance analyst now). My wife has an even better job, so our dual income might finally allow me to get a termi, my dream ride.

We just bought a house with a four car garage (three bays with the third being RV length), and I think a terminator would look amazing in it. So I will be selling the GT at some point and will start saving. It's a four year savings plan (the goal is to have it before age 35 and I refuse to finance a toy) and I'll add the money to whatever I get out of the GT.

So I figure I can get about....$3.50 for the GT. So that means I only need to save about $19996.50 in the next four years! Hopefully there will still be some clean cobras with <50k miles by the time I'm ready.

I'll be looking for a coupe, preferably 2004 but I know there are a lot fewer of them than 03's. Don't really care what color but I'd prefer not to get yellow. Still in shock that the wife agreed to this plan. She hates the GT because it's loud, gets sh*t mileage, and has a rough ride quality...yet she's cool with me getting cobra haha.