Selling the Mustang...Buying a Truck. Pics...

Go buy an early '80's model 4x4 yota... they are very easy to work on and dead reliable... and then you can keep the Mustang...

Don't ban me for saying this... but it is just a mustang :nonono: , not a supercar. Door dings are repairable, stone chips are repairable, and parts are very cheap. Drive the car and upgrade when something breaks... That is what I am doing, but nothing is breaking! :notnice: :shrug: :nice: :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Hope you don't want to bring an ATV along with you... See threads below.

Tacoma one....
http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f11b1d2

Another about the new Tundra....
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/114436-tundra-tailgate-failures-i-am-club-3/

As long as you know that they aren't "built Ford tough", you should be OK with the Toys. IMO, I found that imports make better 4 cylinder cars/trucks than domestics and domestics make the better V-6s - in general. Search internet on sludge and you will find issues with Toys and their V-6 engines among others. Sum up, if it were me looking at a good off roader, I'd go with with a late model tacoma with the 4 cyl and take a look at the Ranger with V-6 and 5speed auto.
Obviously it's your decision and good luck with the sale.

My buddy had borrowed his grandpas Tacoma and man those things have supersoft motor mounts. Everytime he stomped into it the engine would torque back pulling the fan into the fan shroud completely destroying the fan. I think he went through like 3 fans in one week.

lol a Tacoma?? WTF. Toyotas are crap, I replaced two engines in Toyotas because of their oil consumption issues. Unless you want the truck for their drivetrain benefit when it comes to off-roading, get different truck.

you have lost your f'n mind.

toyota is one of the best vehicles on the planet. the trucks are GREAT and the engines last forever. i can show you over ten trucks locally with 22r engines with over 500K on them with no rebuild. my dad owns a 97 corolla with 280K with the original engine and auto transmission. show me an american car that is as reliable as that.

they may not be the fastest things in the world but they are top of the line trucks none the less!

toyota is one of the best vehicles on the planet. the trucks are GREAT and the engines last forever. i can show you over ten trucks locally with 22r engines with over 500K on them with no rebuild. my dad owns a 97 corolla with 280K with the original engine and auto transmission. show me an american car that is as reliable as that.

they may not be the fastest things in the world but they are top of the line trucks none the less!
...sounds like a typical blind person who knows nothing about engines particularly all of numerous Toyota engine problems that have been around for years. I dont really care you dont know anything about cars or this industry, blind and ignorant people are funny to me. You are a joke! I can show you about a few million American cars with that reliability. All it takes two things, SBC and the mod engines.

What shows even more to everyone is that you are talking up Toyota's engine life span yet you dont even realize that the mod engine in your Mustang has been know to hit 300k miles in Police Patrol cars and taxi's without even having the cam covers remove.

Please sell your Mustang to someone who deserves it.

haha. I promise, I'm being honest.

It's not that I can't park anywhere I want. It's that I don't trust the people parking next to me.:shrug:

Before I had this mustang I owned a 2001 cherokee. It wasn't fast...but we had some fun offroading adventures in that thing. It had scratches, dings, and dents. But thats the thing, I didn't care. This mustang is...dare I say it...A little TOO nice.

No, it's not just for the speedbumps:rolleyes: I just wanted a "go anywhere" vehicle. Don't get me wrong, I still love mustangs. Good thing is, my family still owns one...here it is in case you're curious (Doesn't sound too great in this video, but nontheless...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrCUzknUiqI

:nice: Gotcha, thanks for explaining :)

rdCrownVicPoliceInterceptor055-vi.jpg

84_F150_5-2006.jpg

800px-Chevrolet-Suburban-GMT400.jpg

:shrug:

Attachments

• rdCrownVicPoliceInterceptor055-vi.jpg
    rdCrownVicPoliceInterceptor055-vi.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 84_F150_5-2006.jpg
    84_F150_5-2006.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 800px-Chevrolet-Suburban-GMT400.jpg
    800px-Chevrolet-Suburban-GMT400.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 82
hmmm....someone should alert the millions of people who drive Toyotas then. I mean, they have a right to know they're driving "crap":rolleyes:

Toyota does a good job of brain washing people. Of course any car is going to last "Forever" if they are meticulously maintained.

That being said. If you want a real truck that's going to be good for off roading/mountain driving, you need a v8, not a v6. Trucks are heavy. If you want it to get up a big ass hill, it's going to need some power. Get a Ford 4X4. You won't regret it.

My dad had one, 4Runner Sr5 with a 22R, blew the head gasket to high hell at 140K~, and before that the whole exhaust system was rusted to hell and needed a replacement, the transfer case blew up @ 90K. It also consumed 1 quart of oil every 2 weeks when it hit 100K, oh and the intake rotted away, I mean rotted away :nonono:

People are judging their good toyota experiences and ignoring the bad ones, reliability is just as good as any other decent built car on the road

Americans seem to forget that mostly any car will last past the now scared 100K mark

Go buy an early '80's model 4x4 yota... they are very easy to work on and dead reliable... and then you can keep the Mustang...

Don't ban me for saying this... but it is just a mustang :nonono: , not a supercar. Door dings are repairable, stone chips are repairable, and parts are very cheap. Drive the car and upgrade when something breaks... That is what I am doing, but nothing is breaking! :notnice: :shrug: :nice: :shrug:

Don't get a Toyota truck made before about 1991, before that the beds rusted horribly on a horizontal weld line. They fixed this problem around 1991.

The 22R engine is one of the best and most bulletproof 4 cylinders in the world. With that said the old 3.0 V6 wasn't so good but the Tacoma V6 is almost right there with the 22R. I had a 1992 Toyota extended cab 4x4 with the 22R. I only traded it in for 2 reasons.

1. Was starting a family and the Toy was too small for the baby's car seat.
2. The 4 cylinder wasn't powerful enough for me, although I did have a 5 speed which helped offset it.
At any rate it was an awesome truck, great in snow and I still miss it. But despite that I love my F150 as well. What it all comes down to is what type of truck fits your needs best, if you need a small truck you can't go wrong with a Toy.

The 22R engine is one of the best and most bulletproof 4 cylinders in the world. With that said the old 3.0 V6 wasn't so good but the Tacoma V6 is almost right there with the 22R. I had a 1992 Toyota extended cab 4x4 with the 22R. I only traded it in for 2 reasons.

Toyota engine sludge

Type that into Google. I myself have replaced two Toyota 4 bangers engines for sludging issues. No they werent my cars but were high maintained.

Toyota engine sludge

Type that into Google. I myself have replaced two Toyota 4 bangers engines for sludging issues. No they werent my cars but were high maintained.

I won't argue with you because, hey, we're Mustang fans and not import fans. With that said I just posted my personal experience and what I learned when I had a Toyota and since that time. As has been said any vehicle can last a long time, I know of F150's with 500,000+ miles, mine has 175,000 right now. Just stating my opinion based on what the original poster's questions and needs are.

If you want a real truck that's going to be good for off roading/mountain driving, you need a v8, not a v6.

Jeeps seem to be quite the offroading vehicle...and they've been using the same inline 6 cylinder for several years now. I don't think it's absolutely necessary to have a V8.:shrug: Just a fair amount of torque.

Anyways, thanks for the info guys. Any further info is always appreciated.