Selling the Mustang...Buying a Truck. Pics...

• Sponsors (?)

as far as vehicles....i can talk about camry's that have thrown rods at 150k miles that were well maintained and i can talk about an f350 with 270k on it and nothing has ever been touched or a VW 4 banger with 280k and nothing touched.

Anything with moving parts, explosions inside and electronics will fail, period. one really isnt better than the other per say, im a believer in most of the time, its you get luckier with one than another.

that being said, i support buying american and buying vehicles that I already know how to work on

http://consumeraffairs.com/news02/toyota_sludge.html

How much do you know about designing parts, placing quality control methods in the proper area of manufacturing, and producing parts that last. You have a lot to learn.... .Toyota is starting to take over if you have been keeping track of their earnings. The company is unbelievably successful. Laughing at my response when you have no experience working with six sigma, a Lean Quality System, or any other quality control system is beyond your comprehension. Anybody can sit here and place links to errors in manufacturing on any brand of vehicle, with respect to quality or deficiencies or anything else. Studying actual figures from each company is different.

I can testify to the success that Toyota has engineered using the Lean Quailty system and Six Sigma. These are very good Japanese concepts that my company are now employing and I'm right in the middle of developing it at our level. Our advisor is a former Toyota exective and he used to manage several Toyota plants (and yes he is American). This system streamlines the process and develops standardized training and methods.

At any rate I do love these stories of car X examples that break down at 100K and car Z examples that have 500K+ with no work. The fact is as everyone says almost any car that is well maintained can go a long time with minimal trouble. Every mnanufacturer will have their lemons or cars that fail early. But its the overall view that is needed for what cars are more reliable not small samplings of what Joe Bob has seen. I feel from personal experience that Japanese quality standards are much higher and prdouce a higher quality vehicle on the average. But again thats opinion, what we need are hard numbers.

Well what have here....JD Power ratings. only the most respected rater of vehicles in America.

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/quality-ratings

Here's my opinion when it comes to cars/trucks.

When it comes to performance its all American, Mustang or Corvette.
When it comes to pulling or hauling, I'm all American V8 preferrably F-series.
But when it comes to compact trucks I like the Toy.
Sedans....again Japanese cars are nice. But I prefer the upscale Infiniti or Lexus, wife currently has an Infiniti.

What it all comes down to for me is the Japanese cars are reliable and quality overall but I wouldn't trade my Mustang for any of them.

I can testify to the success that Toyota has engineered using the Lean Quailty system and Six Sigma. These are very good Japanese concepts that my company are now employing and I'm right in the middle of developing it at our level. Our advisor is a former Toyota exective and he used to manage several Toyota plants (and yes he is American). This system streamlines the process and develops standardized training and methods.

:nice:

thank you..... It has nothing to do with being in graduate school or such as I might have been arrogant in my previous threads. It has to do with running succesful quality standards put in the proper chain by good OM's. I love fords and will continue to drive fords the rest of my life for hauling or for fun as my three mustangs indicates.

However, for overall value in an suv, or sedan. Its all about quality control methods. Every car, regardless of manufacturer will have problems... Shoot, Ford didnt even design a working intake for our cars..

As far as those knocking on the Tundra and the new heavy duty toyota trucks..... It takes time to develop a good product. Ford has a few years on the toyota trucks at working out some of the kinks if I can remember right.

BTW, Wolvrin, Toyota doesnt use Six Sigma in its process. Just Lean Quality controls and total quality management. The difference, historically speeking, has been the Lean approach focuses more on OM's and managers. Most people generally see six sigma as focusing on the production chain, and the little aspects of a production chain. As Im sure you are experiencing, the Lean quality method focusses slightly more on managerial aspects. (each system is different, so Im guessing there) Also, well known in the industry, is that Toyota has conitued success bc of their willingness to change, think outside of the box, experiment, and try new ideas, with regards to management and production methods. The company culture of Toyota seems to working for the most part(FOR THE MOST PART), employees are fairly happy compared to their counterparts at GM and Ford.

I respect everybodys opinion, Ford makes a great product, but give credit where credit is due without telling somebody that they are undeserving of a mustang or any other product because they dont hold the blue oval on a pedistool.