Sensitive Radiator Level Warning

Discussion in 'SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech' started by silverfz1, Dec 4, 2003.

1. I got in the car last night and the radiator light is on so I am thinking **** well you have all been there. Anyway I pull over and pop the hood to take a look and I am amazed at what I see. The level is barely below the fill line, so for grins I got out a some bottled water poured about a quarter of it in and the light went out and hasn't come back on. That's a seriously touchy level sensor.

2. i've never had that problem before :shrug:
  3. i had that problem when my intake cracked! It stayed on until i got another intake
  4. I am kind of worried about it, I figure I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens but adding just a touch of water made the light go out and I don't see anything leaking or even smell any fluids under the hood. So we'll see!!!!
  5. man that light sucks i could not get it to turn off. so i took of the raditator tank off and just took it out because i did not want to pay for a hole new tank! I just got to check it ever so often. Mine came on the first time and didn't come back on for like 3 weeks then it came back and would not turn off
  6. the sensor on my 97 is extremely touchy...if the coolant got even the slightest bit low the light would come on