Saleen Sept. 3-5, 2010 Steve Saleen Signature Event, Asheville, NC

mysticstang

Jan 27, 2004
Latest Information from Debbie Blaylock and Marilyn Peek, Asheville, NC

Mustangs at the Mansion 2010, Mustang Club of America National Show by the Blue Ridge Mustang Club of Asheville at the Biltmore Estate, Asheville, North Carolina

SOEC activities September 2 - 5, 2010

Come join the Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club and Steve Saleen, Thursday, September 2 - Sunday, September 5. The event is sold-out for show cars and discount pricing on Biltmore Estate tickets. If you do not have admission tickets for the Biltmore Estate, they will be available at the Biltmore for the regular price of $55/person/day. You will have to park in the regular parking lot and get the Biltmore’s shuttle to the show site.

Joe Grace, Blue Ridge Mustang Club of Asheville, reports that rooms may still be available at the Quality Inn Hotel & Suites at Skyland / Arden. Special Mustang event rates are no longer available, so you will need to check the rates.

Early Sunday morning (possibly at sunrise): Group photo for Saleens in front of the Biltmore Mansion. Details to be determined. We need to know in advance—NOW—if you want to participate in the photo.
E-mail:
[email protected]

For activities listed above and below, RSVP to [email protected] Please list what SOEC activities you will be attending: 1) Autograph for Saleen, 2) Thursday night, 3) Friday park together, 4) Friday night, 5) Saturday night, 6) Sunday morning photo. Give your name, contact phone number, Saleen model & number (ex. S281 #96-0000), and SOEC activity you will attend: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. See list below.

ITINERARY OF SOEC ACTIVITIES (as of 8/27/2010 from Debbie Blaylock and Marilyn Peek)
Autograph Sessions: Steve Saleen will be autographing posters and Saleens. Times to be announced at the show. Inquire at the SMS Supercars tent.
1) Time to be determined: Autograph for your Saleen

Thursday, September 2, 2010:
2)
Evening: Early arrivals - join SOEC for Thursday night dinner and ??? Time and place to be announced. E-mail to sign up in advance: [B][COLOR="Red"][email protected][/COLOR][/B]. Details will be e-mailed when available.

Friday, September 3, 2010:
3)
Parking at MCA shows is as you arrive. To park together, a group must arrive together. We will meet early on Friday. We hope to have spaces by the SMS Supercars tent. The gathering spot and time has not yet been determined. We must have your e-mail to get the details to you.
8:00A.M.-5:00P.M.: Biltmore Estate MCA show.
4) 6:30P.M.-8:30P.M.: Join SOEC and Steve Saleen at the Sauce Boss dinner at the Biltmore Estate. Show or spectator admission tickets will be required to be on the Estate for the evening activity. If you don’t have tickets to the Sauce Boss, they will be available at the Asheville Club host tent until 3:00 P.M. on Friday.
4) 8:30P.M.-10:30P.M.: Concert - Sauce Boss at the Biltmore Estate.

Saturday, September 4, 2010:
8:00A.M.-5:00P.M.: Biltmore Estate MCA show.
12:00P.M.: MCA judging for registered show cars.
5) 6:30-8:30P.M.: Dinner at the Biltmore Estate.
5) 8:30P.M.-10:30P.M.: Entertainment at the Biltmore Estate.
The Saturday Night Dinner and Entertainment by the Pink Flamingos is sponsored by Steve Saleen and SMS Supercars.
Join SOEC and Steve Saleen. Show or spectator admission tickets will be required to be on the Estate for the evening activity. If you don’t have tickets to the dinner and entertainment, they will be available at the Asheville Club host tent until 3:00 P.M. on Friday and Saturday.

Sunday, September 5, 2010:
6) Early A.M.: Group photo for Saleens in front of the Biltmore Mansion. Details to be determined.
8:00A.M.– ? :Biltmore Estate MCA show and trophy presentations by the Blue Ridge Mustang Club of Asheville.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions that you may have regarding this event.

• Sponsors (?)

Mustangs at the mansion

:notnice::shrug: This event had very nice cars, well at least in the one parking lot we went to, but they failed to mention the show was in more than one area, so everyone I have spoken to missed about half of the show, not to mention the gate security telling folks they had to buy a pass of 49.00 ea to attend the show, when the entire time their were free shuttles taking people in, and again I met some nice folks at the show what portion I attended but felt like it was very poorly run and we couldnt get a straight answer out of any of the Biltmore staff, we wasted almost 100.00 to attend a "FREE SHOW"

It was great to see alot of old faces and new ones too.

Yes, I agree that it was very very confusing to say the least. Biltmore staff and the local mustang club didn't make alot of things clear.

I helped judge a few cars and we had to walk over a mile to get to the last car in the OTHER lot.... The wait for a shuttle was over 1/2 hour just to the other lot.

The Biltmore is very strict about alot of things and that is what makes it hard to have this size show at there location.

They also broke 2 records over the weekend.... Sat they had over 7,500 people at the Biltmore grounds which was the most ever! Then on Sun they had 7,700 which ended up breaking the Sat record!

About the $49 pass to get in doesn't make any sense.... It is $55 for a day at the biltmore so I don't know where that came from.