Sequential Tail Lights - remove flasher??

JonJon

Founding Member
Aug 16, 2002
back in Marylands
How do you get the flash module out from underneath the dash? I have a 99.

I have everything wired, I just need to swap the flasher...

How do I get the module out?
module.jpg

Jon

• Sponsors (?)

JonJon said:
How do you get the flash module out from underneath the dash? I have a 99.

I have everything wired, I just need to swap the flasher...

How do I get the module out?
module.jpg

Jon

Pull? :shrug: I did mine recently and it took a second or two. The black part disconnects from the yellow part. There may be a clip you need to press.

Aurora85 said:
i'm so glad you made this post. I just bought a new 03 GT and have been looking everywhere to buy this. Where did you get it and how much did it cost?? thanks a ton! Also is the install pretty quick?

While this site might be more money for the kit, my mechanic said that it was put together very well.

http://www.sequentialtaillights.com/

I also bought the BOM (Brake only module) so the brake lights stay stock and don't sequence when you hit the pedal.

Right after I posted, my friend yanked it out. I had tried, but I guess not hard enough. I was afraid to break stuff :p

I got it from webelectricproducts.com too. It was a great kit, real easy to install and I'm not very car handy. :) I think I can even get $6 back by sending the original flasher module in (Says the instructions)... I'll email the guy and find out.

I've been wanting to do this forever, I love it!!

Jon

Best kit

I have heard from several people who bought kits and were unhappy. I was hesitant about paying more for my kit, but it turned out to be VERY well designed. Installed easily and works great so far ( 6 months old).
I purchased it from Martin Davis at http://www.sequentialtaillights.com
The order was kind of old fashion (check or money order- Mailed it in). I would have rather been able to pay with a credit card or Paypal.
Hope that helps

The webelectricproducts.com kit was really easy to install. It included everything. Plus, it didn't cost $10 extra to have the brake lights stay solid like the sequentialtaillights.com kit.

I highly recommend webelectricproducts kit, I paid with Paypal and it got shipped the next day :)

Took me about 40 minutes to install, but that was because I kept running into the house for tools and to look at the online instructions. The included instructions are the same instructions (really thorough and easy to understand) but the online ones had color :p

Jon

Back from the grave..

I got my seq kit from webeproduct last night and began the installation about an hour ago. I got the wiring done on both side but I could not get the old flasher out! I can't even remove the knee dash shield thing because I'm afraid to break it. I wrestle with it for about 5 min now and gave up and here I am.. any tips? Thanks

JonJon said:
The webelectricproducts.com kit was really easy to install. It included everything. Plus, it didn't cost $10 extra to have the brake lights stay solid like the sequentialtaillights.com kit.

I highly recommend webelectricproducts kit, I paid with Paypal and it got shipped the next day :)

Took me about 40 minutes to install, but that was because I kept running into the house for tools and to look at the online instructions. The included instructions are the same instructions (really thorough and easy to understand) but the online ones had color :p

Jon
I got my kit from them for Christmas. It is a great kit and it was very easy to install. I did break one of the connectors that goes into the slot on the middle bulb but they sent me a replacement quickly and now it works great. I love them. :nice:

CottonBurnerz said:
What about the flasher!!! I revived this thread because I could not get the flasher out! I found out that I have to push the button on the flasher to get it out. But the button is against the wall and my hands are too big to get to it.. is there any other way? And it's dark now :(
I don't know how my friend got it out, I wasn't able to.. :doh:

My left hand is now officially dead.. Well I got an hour and a half left to get that flasher on.. let's try my best next time! Oh is there anyway to call your friend and ask? Maybe he will still remember? ask him about pushing button and stuff.. did you remove the knee dash at all? I don't think it affects anything though..

I've been emailing him back and forth after I finished with everything, but new problems always arised.

Well here's the update of what is happening. I hope some of you can help. This is the last email that I emailed him tonight:

Ok I'm a little upset over this. I started the car, the signal works. The right blinker seems to be working fine. I also noticed that it blinks slower than before. When I look at the back, it almost does the sequence but it's too fast to notice and the last one reacts pretty slow. (I just went out and when I got home, I notice that the middle light is out on the driver side.

Now for the passenger side. When the car is running, I lift to signal, and the green arrow just stay there, frozen. Nothing was blinking. So, I turn the car off and do the same thing, now it seems that it robs all the light from the car for about 1 second and then just stay there.

For the hazard, while the car was running, it just froze there and dimmed about a second. While the car is off everything blinks just fine, but again, the sequence was barely noticable because they go almost at the same time.

I'm 100% sure that all of my wiring are correct. I will provide some picture if you need me to. Perhaps it's the flasher? I don't understand the car losing all the light when I flip on the right turn signal. It doesn't want to stay lock on when the car is off also.

Thanks again.