SeriousSN95 Twin turbo build

Just for my own sake, Ive ran a string of 13.3'[email protected] on my street tires and that was before the gear swap from 2:73's to 3:73's and trany swap from t5-t56. Honestly, with the long 1st gear Ill be much faster because I wont shock the tires as much off the line.

Straight line racing is not what Im about, I like to turn and brake-my Brembos are by far my most favorite mod so far, next up is a griggs sla/rear coil over suspension. My Corbeau Cr1s/belts/brackets are already ordered. Pics comming soon!

For the record, if you've read other peoples posts on your thread you now know that Im not the only one who thinks this way.
But hey, atleast you suckered Oink to do the work for you. That beats paying someone to do it and it definatly beats doing it yourself if you dont have any experience either.
So what are you doing for the man to pay him back for his work?
-fawcett

• Sponsors (?)

FAWCETT :just because im friends with oink dosent mean imnot going to pay him? He said dont worry about it man, that still doesnt mean im not going to pay him, he helped me out and hell be reimbersed for all his work. and how can u say i SUCKERD him into doing it? He wanted to, so get your **** straight before you make ASSUMPTIONS OKAY

Argh! The drama.... geez no wonder Oink stays in his shop. People chill. Don't apologize and keep it going. Ignore it and keep this thread on topic. Some of us want to see another turbo build. :nice:

BTW - great to hear from you again Oink! I was gone for a while and came back to find you MIA. Glad you are still building away! 8)

Last night we finished both headers (2.5) downpipes. all that were waiting on, is the intercooler kit, then the cold sides just about done.Were going to tap the pan and run the feed and retun lines. ill have mike put the pics up today to see the progress. later guys keep postin!

I want to have some updated pictures of the work.. So possibly Friday eavning I will. At this point, like he mentioned, there are both drain lines, and feeds, along with the cold side welding/cutting/fitting up.. The interesting part will come in with the wastegate placement..

To be updated w/ photos...

That looks SICK!!!! Seeing that nice open space where the battery used to be makes we wish I had the $$ to relocate mine properly (metal box and a shut-off switch for when I make it to the track...)...

Hmmm, this stock header thing has me curious now. I am currently in the midst of my single turbo build and was not aware of these "issues" with stock headers. I was going to heat wrap mine, but now some of you are saying that they have a tendency to crack if you wrap them? Can anyone provide some solid evidence of whether or not this is true? Oink?

from everything I've read, if moisture gets inbetween the headers and the wrap it can cause the metal to fatige and crack sooner than normal and there is also the theory that by keeping all the extra heat trapped in will cause early fatige of the metal as well.

scott

BLack stampede: i absolutley agree with mootang and rio95. thats why im not wrapping mine. If any condensation gets in the headers while they are wrapped it basically BOILS the headers and they desinagrate.But its really your decison to use wrap or not. but from what ive actually seen, im not going to use the wrap, just get them coated when i get some cash flow.

SeriousSN95 said:
BLack stampede: i absolutley agree with mootang and rio95. thats why im not wrapping mine. If any condensation gets in the headers while they are wrapped it basically BOILS the headers and they desinagrate.But its really your decison to use wrap or not. but from what ive actually seen, im not going to use the wrap, just get them coated when i get some cash flow.

haha. I guess it's hard to sound sarcastic over the internet.

Lets try again:

I wrapped my downpipe and it exploded and burned the turbo mustang to the ground. Damn Shame!

p.s. Good job on the turbo so far. It should be fun as hell!

I was simply stating what i have read about the heat wrap. I know many people have used it with great success and others have had problems. I still haven't decided if i'm going to use it or not!

btw: Oink, your work is amazing as always!!! did you finish the twins on the 4.6 Yet?

My take on heat wrap... I would use it on the aluminium cold side, but for the hotside, your better off just going with a heat barrier type coating, such as Jet Hot.. Same effect, much better look, without any issues that may or may not be associated with heat wraps. I do recomend using heat protective wraps on the clutch cable, the proportioning valve, and possibly the p/s pump feed line.

Update:

-Got the p/s cooler relocated and mounted
-Intercooler piping to cooler inlet, done
-Headers/downpipes completed and painted

Waiting on the intercooler pipe kit he ordered to arrive, and some other various nessesary items.. Getting pretty close to start up now!

and I have a list of what all you still need to finish this..
I'll just send it to you..