Setting Up Anti Roll Bar

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by wolfe67, Aug 13, 2014.

1. wolfe67

wolfe67 Member

Albums:
    Looking for some opinions on how I have this set up. drivers side I have threads turned all the way in. Passengers side ad you can see in pic. that theirs about 4threads showing on top an about 6 threads showing on bottom. Car launches straight but I changed my suspension around an took out the eibach drag launch springs which had airbags on both sides and stuck a set of factory springs in. Also
    added the double adjustable shocks
    I did a burn out in my drive way an notice their was a lot more rubber mark left on the blacktop on passengers side.so I guess my question is before I go to the track this wkend shud I readjust my ABR 1407967399028.jpg 1407967485637.jpg

2. bentley429isBAC

bentley429isBAC Well-Known Member

Is it in a neutral position or do you have pre-load on the RR?

3. flstang65

flstang65 Well-Known Member

You have no basis on what you need to do until you make a new baseline pass or 2 down the track.

4. wolfe67

wolfe67 Member

Albums:
    It definitely has preload on RR how much I dont no. I can tell by the tire marks. If I do a 20 - 30 ft burnout in my driveway. Its definitely layin more rubber down on the
    rite side than it used too. Meaning since I changed my shock an springs. Rite side tire mark is way darker than left side. If I had access to scales it wud take some guess work out of it...I just dont want it to launch me hard left toward the wall.

5. wolfe67

wolfe67 Member

Albums:
    I think if I remember correctly turning the flats"adjusters" 1 flat turn is equal to about 10 lbs of preload so I was thinking about taking them off an starting over... I dont no if thats a smart thing to do or not.. or just make a pass or two first n see what happens

olfe67, post: 8854231, member: 199900"]It definitely has preload on RR how much I dont no. I can tell by the tire marks. If I do a 20 - 30 ft burnout in my driveway. Its definitely layin more rubber down on the
    rite side than it used too. Meaning since I changed my shock an springs. Rite side tire mark is way darker than left side. If I had access to scales it wud take some guess work out of it...I just dont want it to launch me hard left toward the wall.[/QUOTE]
    I think I

6. bentley429isBAC

bentley429isBAC Well-Known Member

Make a pass if you can before you touch anything but it sounds to me like there is to much preload. I have 15 lbs in the RR.

7. 90lxcoupe

90lxcoupe Mustang Master

I would take the preload out of it before i went down the track. Set it to zero and maybe add one or 2 flats and see how it does from there.

Sharad likes this.
  8. 84Ttop

84Ttop They make new pistons every day, so why worry? SN Certified Technician Mod Dude

This ^^ I would take the preload out of it and start over.... 1 or 2 flats and that is it. See how the car reacts now that you changed the suspension

Sharad likes this.