Shakieeeee

hey fellas when i bought my mustang last august i drove it home had it doing 200 KPH it didnt shake so i did all my work to it and what not had to buy a driveshaft becuase this car didnt have one i used my friends...

So i did a lot of work to the car and when i was taking it for paint i put other tires on it and forgot to tell him blance them so i took off got going 160 and shake like a mofo then anytime after 110 it will shake soo i got the tires balanced. jsut a buddy with his own balancer only got the 2 back ones balaced didnt bother with the fronts ,these are old crappy ass tires by the way 225/50s on the front and 225/60 on the back (tempary) and it still shook but not as bad so i decided well ill try my buddys back wheels did that still shake but not as bad...one step closer yet again...so then i get the great idea drive shaft isnt balanced right soo i got my buddys in now and it shakes at 120 then supasses it but still shakes a little. When i let off the gass it shakes worse than with the gas on

My dad mentioned maybe a bad universal in my drive shaft as well anyways im open for suggestions next week im buying 4 brand new tires and getting them profession speed balanced...

Also i put a different cross member in im not sure if that would matter so please help me out fellas im thinking what shake is left is only in the tires.

so ill be checking back soon guys give her ****:D

• Sponsors (?)

What part of the car is shaking at 200KPH (120MPH)

Is the steering wheel itself shaking? Or is the whole car shaking? Things that need to be examined:

1) Ball Joints
2) Tie Rods
3) Strut attachments secure
4) Brakes in proper working order (rotor run out?)
5) Wheel / Rims professionally ballenced
6) How is the rear end?
7) Is the D/S true?
8) Any "play" in the axles?

Just remember that when ever you travel at high rates of speed, you need to allow for a lot of room to slow down.

no the car shakes at 120 KPH now there is a little ply in the back wheels in and out but thats in all mustang i thought its the same in my buddys 86 anyways...soo and as i know theres new 410 svo gears in it a couple years back i was thinking today maybe it just needs some new oil in it..im getting new tires by next week installed and ballanced hopefully it works.....:(

Oh and also is there susposed to be a movment in your tranymission while driving? mine seems to move a little bit fair amount actually i changed crossmemebers cuz it looked better than mine im all messed up guys lol