Shaved Pics and Help(handles,locks,antennas, and fuel doors)

I was wondering if any body has any pics of their fox with Shaved (handles,locks,antenna, and fuel doors) I've been thinking about shaving all of these things off of my coupe but, want to see how the final results were for other people. I'd like to relocate my fuel fill behind the license plate with a old GM license plate door to cover and want to see if anybody has done this and how it turned out. Also how good to the hidden antennas work? Or should I just go with Sirus or something and forget FM? The quality of the SPAL door popper kits are they reliable and how good are the emergency release cables and where do you hide them so people dont see them and get into your car?

I hope people out there have some answers lets see what I get in this thread as far as help.

• Sponsors (?)

:lol:

keep the door handles IMO. They look better there. Also if your car is at all quick and you run at a track...i think you need em'.

Just shave the antenna and the trunk lock. These looks the best gone. Also it would not be worth it to shave the gas door, unless your using a fuel cell as the thing looks fine where it is...

frontou9.jpg

My antenna and rear hatch key are gone. This is the only pic I have right now. The body shop is supposed to be laying down the base coat this week. As far as the radio goes? 1) Terrestrial radio blows (get satellite) 2) I have an Mp3 CD-Player in the car...what radio?

Attachments

• frontou9.jpg
    frontou9.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 225
Well I think I want to get rid of the handles I think it looks slicker. I dont know about at the track I'd assume if you run a safety cable and put a yellow flag it could be legal. Does anybody know the rules at dragstrips or road course for shaved handles? My friend had a 9 volt safety switch under his cowl grill hidden and you just had to push on the cowl lightly and it would open the drivers door. I'm going to have fuel safe make a cell with a rear fill for the gas door conversion. I think the fuel door is the ugliest thing on the fox bodies.

i'd settle in the middle, what i mean by that is, lose the stock door handles, but go with a type of door handle that looks better. im sure people will say go miata, but i think those look like ass. i'd go with something a little more angular to retain the car's lines.

You cannot shave the handles or locks if you want to run the car at the track. If your battery is in the back and you want to run at the track, with no lock, you cannot run. I was thinking of the same thing until i called the track and they said no go.

If you are going to do it you can get an amplified antenna and just hide it somewhere behind the dash, or behind some panel or the headliner. They actually work pretty good. If you get satellite you are going to have to put the satellite antenna somwhere unobstructed to the sky. Which might be hard if you want everythign on the car to look smooth.

I did some minor shaving to give a little cleaner look on my car. I only shaved the passenger door lock cylinder and the hatch lock cylinder. I really like how it looks, if I had known the autoloc antenna worked well I would have shaved that as well, it looks really clean on almost stocks car. Oh man I'm gettin more and more anxious to paint my car.

If you have a battery shut off and somekind on the outside and a safety line with a visible like flourescent flag on it I dont see why it would be a problem to run at the track with shaved handles and locks. I'm going to have to research this I really want to shave the handles I always have and now that I finally have my coupe I really want to do it.

There was a mustang coupe deep coral in a MM&FF that had a turbo and it was the guy that invented the gauge cowl and he had shaved everything. He also had track times so I really want to be sure on the rules before I go and do this. Does anybody also know how good and reliable the door popper kits are?

Heres my car with the handles and antenna shaved. I just bought a new antenna mast from the parts store, and hooked it up and ran it inside the center console, works pretty good.

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1739.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1812.jpg
    IMG_1812.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 524
  • IMG_1739.jpg
    IMG_1739.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 808
  • IMG_1727.jpg
    IMG_1727.jpg