SHE LIVES, (again)!!!

5.0 HOtrain

Founding Member
May 20, 2001
New Hampshire
After all the roadblocks and a little heartache the car is running again. After the starter cooked I was very irritated but took the car apart again. Now with a new hi-tourqe starter, one gauge wire upgrades, and a new dry cell battery I took it out again. It was running rough, pulled the plugs and most were on the verge of fouling, 1 was. Cant wait to take it for a ride againg with good plugs, because with the bad ones it has HOLY ***** kinda power :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

Good to hear you got her back on the road and she's running great Mike! I feel your pain when it comes to changing a starter. I've got to lift the motor and take the right header off to get at the starter on my stroker. (I dread the day my starter dies)
What plug's are you using out of curiosity??

Car looks good Mike!! I'm planning on doing something similar, an EFI 408. Hoping to do it once I go back working again and money starts flowing in. I been thinking about selling it until I called for an insurance quote for the car I wanted (03 cobra) and it was $6600. That turned me off, so I decided I wanted to build a motor. Just curious why you didn't use drop mounts so you wouldnt need as tall a hood to clear? I read in one of your posts the amount of money you spent and im trying to avoid having to spend that much for a mild 408, I think it can be done. What block did you use? Im trying to see if its better to buy a virgin block and have it built at a local machine shop or buy a shortblock from CHP? A forged 393 shortblock from CHP is about $3,000, which isn't bad at all.

Mike

Mike, I went with a 69 block because it was free. I figured it would save some money (yeah right). It's by no means cheap to do. I didnt go with drop mounts because I was worried about header to ground clearance, close now as it is.
mike.

Building a BIG INCH Windsor isn't cheap if you do it right and give it the parts it needs to breath and make power....you'll need a complete fuel system as well, and a chassis built to hold the abuse, oh and a drive line (tranny, rear, brakes)

Mike glad to see you got it all running again, so whens the first trip to the track? If all goes right mine will be out in the Fall, but man time has been flying! I decided on a medium size motor with some air via an F1R. :lol:

5.0 HOtrain said:
Rick, would like to take my first REAL ride in the car, then to the track :rlaugh: I hope to take it to work a few times next week just to iron out any issues and see how many times I get pulled over :rlaugh: .
mike.

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: Mike as always REV IT HIGH AND LET IT FLY I can't wait till mine has a motor, interior or looks like a damn mustang again.. :spot:

Damn, over 4000 post...I'm on SN too much.