Sheila Vs. turbo RSX (boo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbeck002

Apr 30, 2005
South florida
My friend has been dying to pair us up.

He has a buddy with a turbo'd acura RSX running 14 psi.

I have the 5.0 with AFR 165s, TFS1 cam, 3.73s and the full intake and exhaust with long tubes and no cats.

I asked him to tell his buddy to race from a roll because my traction is non existant.

Who do you think will win?

• Sponsors (?)

The mods are he has turbo'd 14 psi. The usual intercooler and BOV, nothing more than that.

My friends think ill get him, they have both been in our cars and my buddy says it will be close but he thinks i'll pull.

srothfuss said:
A 14PSI turbo will take years to spool up! If you guys run from a stop / standing quarter mile you will rock his aZZ.

Seriously though, where have all the mods gone?

:lol: what kind of first hand experience do you have with turbos and spooling?

Nick12269 said:
a stock rsx-s with a basic exhaust and header would keep up with an average stock 5.0. i think the race would be real good let us no what happens

Worn out longblock through a AOD on stock gear on a vert GT, yeah it probally would.

A combo like that should run 12's if not faster with at least 108-114mph I am sure, no way a simple turbo on a RSX will even be able to keep up.

This "all turbo imports are fast" bs needs to stop. Some slow foxes out there, obviously. My old thumper combo would put a beating on that RSX. A guy I work with has a Miata with a custom turbo, I mean top of the line everything, stand-alone engine managment, 17psi, dynotuned, ect, I think 320RWHP on a Miata, anyways he pulled my car through third, but fourth it started evening up, but first and second, it wasn't even a contest I would just leave him. In the 1/8th I am sure I would have killed his car, but in the 1/4 it would have been close, probally him inching ahead. A simple setup RSX, please, give me a break. :rolleyes: The RSX should perform like a stock SRT-4 or EVO at best.

Just my opinion but he will smoke you, true rsx's are not that fast from the factory but if this kid has the cash to swing a 14psi turbo kit, do you realy think he left everything else alone? Also if he has the six speed it won't take long for him to spool up, the gear ratio's are realy low on the cars, being that normally you have to rev the snot out of them to get them going-- then add a turbo in the mix and well....lets just hope he can shift that fast. If its worth anything i do hope he can't drive and you win

Thanks for the replies.

We scheduled a run for tomorrow night.

My buddy tells me this guy is really young and doesnt really know **** about cars. And his car had trouble starting the other day, so lets throw this info out at yall.

BTW i just lightened up my beast, took the toolbox outta the trunk and made sure the tank was near empty. This will be fun :flame: :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.