Shelby GT 500 Vert spotted tonight!

damacman

Aug 12, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Scottsdale, AZ at the good ol' Pavillions. Dark gray - and I hadn't even seen a coupe on the street yet! The vehicle was unoccupied, so I couldn't talk to the owner about it but it was all opened up - VERY nice. Weirdly enough, a pair of Shelby GT-H 'stangs were sitting right next to it . . .

I was out there showing mine off (siver 2k3 GT with the 18" woofers) if you bumped into me and didn't know it. Man, I gotta tell you . . . if you got a 'stang and it AIN'T got a blower or turbo on it around here, you're beginning to be in the minority. There were at least three 'stangs on the lot with Kenne Bells, numerous Cobras, and I think I was the only centri' powered 'stang tonight.

I'm gonna have to buy a big block powered ride with a 6-71 to be different . . . oh wait, I just did. Good thing gas is cheap now . . . more on that later . . .

• Sponsors (?)

It wasnt on the road, but one of the local ford dealers here has a white vert. Nice car, but sticker was 48k which is reasonable, but they marked it up to like 70k!! Forget that, that car just isnt worth 70k. I'm so sick of this stupid shelby name...SVT builds the car, shelby slaps his name on it, and the price doubles. So gay, but what can we do? IMO though the '04 and earlier cars look better anyway.

Dragstr05 said:
It wasnt on the road, but one of the local ford dealers here has a white vert. Nice car, but sticker was 48k which is reasonable, but they marked it up to like 70k!! Forget that, that car just isnt worth 70k. I'm so sick of this stupid shelby name...SVT builds the car, shelby slaps his name on it, and the price doubles. So gay, but what can we do? IMO though the '04 and earlier cars look better anyway.

I agree 100% with this post.. SVT was the best ever! :hail2:

mity2 said:
i think GT 500 is bit over hiped IMO. I'd much rather take 04 cobra, and have more then enough money left to strap KB on top of it

I agree with this statement, and Dragstr05's statement. I mean what the hell, SVT is getting hardly any credit for building the most powerful factory production Mustang ever... and the Shelby name is making it the most expensive factory production Mustang ever as well. To me, theres nothing Shelby about it, other than the name...

I was at a local stealership last night....had an orange GT500 vert. on the showroom sitting next to a black Ford GT. Sitting outside were 2 new GT/CSs. They didn't look too bad, although all it looked like was a bunch of bolt-on body parts. They even had the now patented by Ford functionless hood scoop which is smaller and the mesh sits closer to the front so you can REALLY tell that they're pointless...