Shelby GT prices

The Shelby GT is more of a real Shelby because the Shelby package in INSTALLED BY SHELBY, and the Shelby factory. The GT500 is strictly Ford.

If you're referring to the Shelby hood, grill and decall kit as the Shelby package ? it's nothing more than a body kit that's just another marketing gimmick for the Shelby name in which provides another excuse for dealerships's to capitalize on by price gouging 8-10k above sticker onto their customers..As for the so called package ? it's installed by the employees of Shelby Automoblies and not by Shelby himself, therefore IMO ? the car is no more of a real Shelby than just another modified Mustang GT in which anybody can purchase the very same parts and have installed themselves and save perhaps as much as 6k in the process..However on the other hand, if we were talking about a 5.0 cammer capable of producing around 400 HP ? then I'd consider this car as a real Shelby....

• Sponsors (?)

This whole dealer markup makes no real sense to me at all.
Say Ford makes 3500 of the GT500s. MSRP is $45K. Limited #'s of a car to me is easily worth the asking price from the factory with a warranty. Ford sells ALL 3500 at sticker and makes $157.5 million. OR as they are doing, stickering them at least $55K and higher and sell maybe only 1500 leaving them with $82.5 million. It will be sad that after 1 whole model year Ford may still have half or more of the GT500s sitting around unsold. To me it is not worth the near asking price of the Z06 Vette and/or the Viper to say I own a small block S/C Shelby Mustang. I hope the Shelby GT/Bullitt/Boss does not fall into that same pit as well. If so, the cloning will just become more common place than it is already. At that point, I believe nobody will have the right to cry foul.

You just might as well consider the Shelby GT and any other future SE Mustang such as the Bullit, Boss and Mach 1 fall into the very same pit as the Shelby GT 500..being as the Shelby GT is already well on it's way to falling in ? what's going to prevent the stealerships from doing the same when the Bullit, Boss and Mach 1 become available ? so much for those special edition Mustangs becoming affordable for those who make less than 50k per year :shrug: oh well, let the cloning process begin..

There's no doubt in my mind that any special Mustangs to come will also have high dealer markups. I say clone the heck out of them and to you know where for Ford doing this to its loyal followers.

If you're referring to the Shelby hood, grill and decall kit as the Shelby package ? it's nothing more than a body kit that's just another marketing gimmick for the Shelby name in which provides another excuse for dealerships's to capitalize on by price gouging 8-10k above sticker onto their customers..As for the so called package ? it's installed by the employees of Shelby Automoblies and not by Shelby himself, therefore IMO ? the car is no more of a real Shelby than just another modified Mustang GT in which anybody can purchase the very same parts and have installed themselves and save perhaps as much as 6k in the process..However on the other hand, if we were talking about a 5.0 cammer capable of producing around 400 HP ? then I'd consider this car as a real Shelby....

Your just contradicted yourself. Do you really think SHELBY himself would build 400 HP 5.0 cammers himself? Then how would you EVER call it, or even consider it a real Shelby? :bang:

What's going to happen to prices when he passes? Will Shelby Auto shut down or will they keep on building Shelbys anyway? And what will happen to prices then?
Ford said it was building a pony for everyone. Sounds to me like that's not the case. They are building special cars for those willing to pay and pay and pay. Why even have a list price?

By the way they're structuring the company Shelby will live on without a doubt. I'm pretty sure Dale Earnhart's little company still makes a few bucks. In fact without Amy Boylan taking over Shelby was up **** creek without a paddle.

I agree, I am really bummed with how this was marketed early on only to have us slapped in the face again by gouging. Ford CAN stop this they just choose not too, probably don't want to piss off dealers. :bang:

Your just contradicted yourself. Do you really think SHELBY himself would build 400 HP 5.0 cammers himself? Then how would you EVER call it, or even consider it a real Shelby? :bang:

Contradicted myself ? naa in fact my point concerning the 5.0 cammer had absolutely nothing to do with as to whether or not Carroll Shelby built it nor did I ever claim that he did to begin with ? especially knowing the fact the 5.0 cammer is built by Ford racing...My point was that I'd much consider the car as being more of a real Shelby if it had a true performance engine such as the 5.0 cammer instead of just the stock 4.6 equipped with the very same FRPP cold air intake and drag pack in which anybody can purchase from Ford racing to modify their stock Mustang GT...and btw FYI ? none of the 427 nor 428 cobra jet engines that housed the original 67-70 Shelby Mustangs were built by Shelby either lol but were still never the less considered as authentic Shelby Cobra Mustangs ...Therefore unless you have the ability to read one's mind and thoughts ? you have no business of accusing anybody of contradicting themselves period..:lol:

As for the so called package ? it's installed by the employees of Shelby Automoblies and not by Shelby himself, therefore IMO ? the car is no more of a real Shelby than just another modified Mustang GT in which anybody can purchase the very same parts and have installed themselves and save perhaps as much as 6k in the process..However on the other hand, if we were talking about a 5.0 cammer capable of producing around 400 HP ? then I'd consider this car as a real Shelby....

That's contridictory right there, poopyhead :nono: Shelby isn't building it himself, so by your standards... it COULDN'T BE REAL :lol:

How is it that the Shelby GT500 and the Shelby GT have nearly the same MSRP????? Even after the dealer markup is added to both, they're still real close in price. Shelby GT is so not worth it when put in that perspective. Much better putting that money on a Roush, Saleen or Steeda Mustang.

That's contridictory right there. :nono: Shelby isn't building it himself, so by your standards... it COULDN'T BE REAL :lol:
So now your resorting to name calling because of the fact your still unable to accept that you completely missed my point not just once but now twice..Therefore now you come up with yet another excuse that I contradicted myself over the Shelby GT not being authentic because his employees installed his body kit, instead of himself :rlaugh: yea right, I'm sure that an 82-83 year old man is really capable of installing a body kit just as he's also capable of building the 5.0 cammer engine that you previously accused me of contradicting myself, in which I never claimed he did in the first place.. So let's get something straight right now ? for this will be both the first and last time I'm going to explain this.. I personally wouldn't care if Carroll Shelby installed the stupid body kit himself or not and YES by my standards the car still would not be considered as a real Shelby IN MY OPINION for this reason ? anybody can purchase the body kit parts just as they can also purchase and install the very same FRPP cold air intake and suspension pack on their stock Mustang GT or haven't you ever heard of the term cloning ? the point is Karnack the Magnificent lol. what's so unique and special about this car over the stock Mustang GT other than the grille, non functioning hood scoop, decall and FRPP parts ? and I don't care about the parts being installed by Shelby employees either the fact remains their still the very same Ford racing parts that anyone can install on their stock Mustang GT in less than a week in their own garage.. that being said, if in your opinion just the Shelby name is worth paying an additional 8-10k over sticker ? fine by all means be my guest, it's your money.. So what's going to be your next excuse for contradicting myself lol. the fact is no matter how many names you call me nor how many excuses you come up with ? nothing you say is going to change the fact you completely missed my point and if you don't happen to like nor agree with my opinions ? that's fine I completely respect that..However that doesn't give you the right to accuse me of something that I never did nor give you the right to resort to name calling just because you don't happen to share in my opinions..This is also the last time I'm going to defend my opinions concerning this topic and if your unable to accept it ? that's your problem because I personally don't give a rat's ass what you think..Therefore go waste somebody else's time to provoke your adolescent arguments with...:rolleyes: and btw while you're at it genius ? take a refresher course in spelling, contradictory is spelled with an A in it

Ok...I dont understand something. I can go out and buy everything I need to change my GT to a Shelby GT. So what is the difference if I do it or some guy (not Shelby) does it at a Shelby plant? I could save a ton of cash, but since I did not get raped by Ford it does not count? DO you guys understand what I mean? I saw a thread where a guy transformed his car into a GT500 and a bunch of people were giving him a load of crap for it. I guess really what I am asking is if I can go buy all the same "real" parts, what really is the difference?

Ford has cars it must discount to get people to even consider buying them. It has Mustangs people will buy, at sticker. But Ford keeps the supply short and a few greedy dealers make extra profit selling to those few who don't care what the price is.
Wouldn't a smart car company just build more of the cars people will buy and fewer of those that don't sell all that well?
No wonder Ford is in trouble.

Ok...I dont understand something. I can go out and buy everything I need to change my GT to a Shelby GT. So what is the difference if I do it or some guy (not Shelby) does it at a Shelby plant? I could save a ton of cash, but since I did not get raped by Ford it does not count? DO you guys understand what I mean? I saw a thread where a guy transformed his car into a GT500 and a bunch of people were giving him a load of crap for it. I guess really what I am asking is if I can go buy all the same "real" parts, what really is the difference?

Finally, somebody gets my point...this is exactly what I was attempting to point out from the very beginning..and you nailed it down perfectly, there is no difference all you're really paying the extra cash for ? is the Shelby name which is exactly the purpose behind Ford's motive for raping it's customers:nice: it's really nice to know that people such as Stan and yourself are able to look beyond all the hype..

I believe you said it all in a nutshell Don and until these Ford dealers realize the customer always comes first instead of last ? they can keep their Shelby GT and GT 500 on their lots for all I care.. personally I also prefer to build up my Mustang GT while saving tons of money in the process and for those who prefer to get raped by some greedy Ford dealer ? oh well, it's their loss :rlaugh: