Shelby hood pic needed

Well I just got the Shelby hood I ordered, can't say I'm very impressed. It's a Dynacorn hood, wavy as all get out, possibly from the way it's formed over the steel brace? The way the scoop is gouged out is really a work of art :mad:

Does anybody have a close up picture of the scoop so I know what I'm trying to recreate?

It came all scuffed up like this, I guess they tried to knock down some of the ugliness

DSC03309.jpg

DSC03310.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Man, that is a disappointment. I have seen the steel frame 'glass hoods from Glazier Nolan, and not perfect, but a lot better than that. One thing I do know, different manufacturers use different color gelcoat as a signature, the ones from GN are a dark royal red, similar to vintage burgundy.

It's a glass hood on a steel frame, and yes, it is very dissapointing. The good folks at Dynacorn will be receiving an e-mail voicing my displeasure. :mad:
Please keep us posted on the feedback you receive. Though I'm not near ready to be ordering a hood, things like this do get filed away for future reference when I do get to that point.

Good luck.

I'll keep you all posted on how this works out. I sent a picture of it to my supplier, he was there when we opened the box and was rather shocked himself. He sent my e-mail with picture and comments to his supplier so we'll see what their response is. If that isn't satisfactory I will then move onto Dynacorn and see what they have to say for themselves. It's a pain in the butt as shipping is $100+

Man that looks like *****. I'm very surprised that Dynacorn would send something like that. All suppliers have their issues with quality on occasion. The real test is how they deal with the problem. They should send you a new one prepaid AND pay for the shipping to have that one returned.

I rtecently received a full rear quarter replacement for my 2+2. No dents but it looks like they dragged the thing behind the truck for delivery. Just aesthetic damage but still a pi$$ off. Panels never seem to look like that in Mustang Monthly.

Good luck. Let us know.

Chris

That does look like crap. I wouldn't have thought they would send something that rough. Tell them you want to exchange it and that you want them to send you a new one with a return shipping label for the bad one.

I see this got moved to "talk" from "tech"? Kind of odd as I was talking about how to fix it as much as what it looks like but anyway...

So here's the answer to why it looks like it does and how to fix it. Some ape hogs out the opening after which a simian of hopefully higher intelligence grinds it down to look like the pic below. That last step got missed on mine so in theory there should be enough material fro me to grind it down to look right. It will be close, I'll have to take it to the highest edge of the lightning bolt like cut and not a hair further. As far as the waviness that really wasn't addressed, I'm pretty sure it's the way it forms over the steel frame. Kind of like taking a piece of sheet metal and pushing from both ends, you get a nice bow but if you hold it down on a bench and push it over the edge you get a sharp crease. This has a lot of those sharp creases so it will be interesting trying to work it smooth. I'm nowhere near this end of the car so I'll worry about it later.

Thanks to all who responded :D

Here's a pic they sent me of how it should look

M4-1.jpg