Shelby Razor wheels rub on lowered cars???

Discussion in '2005 - 2009 Specific Tech' started by seattlegt, Feb 15, 2007.

1. seattlegt

seattlegt New Member

I had my heart seat on the 20" Shelby Razor wheels, but then I saw some sales sites "Razor wheels might rub on lowered cars"...Anyone have a set on their stang that has a 1.5" drop? The wheels have a 24mm offset and are 20x9...
  2. ecko51

ecko51 New Member

3. seattlegt

seattlegt New Member

Very cool news :D I'll see if my local Les Schwab can find stock somewhere and then on to bigger and better wheels!
  4. Mr_Q

Mr_Q Founding Member

Tire Rack list them 18s here in a +40mm (in stock too)

Hmm, I just got mine too (+24mm) though. Thing is I am torn. I like the flush with the wheel tub look the 18s give in +24mm. If I went with 20s though, I'd definitely get the +40mm. HMMMMMM....
  5. seattlegt

seattlegt New Member

Just ordered them from Les Schwab. They are on backorder, but I'll settle for the wait. I'm picky when it comes to the "right wheel". According to what I see, the 20's are ony about 2lbs heavier than the 18. I hope this is really true because my biggest hold back on 20's was the weight issue. I like the flush look, but I'll settle for no rubbing :D
  6. Hoboattacker

Hoboattacker New Member

Will the 18's in +24mm rub if you lower the car?
  7. ecko51

ecko51 New Member

In theory YES they would. The 24 makes them stick out or sit even w/ the fender lip.
    The 20's and 18's are the same width and if you use the correct tire the OD would be the same.
    The difference in 24 and 40 is about 5/8 ths of an inch.
    That is the whole reason for them making another size. To fit are gen. Mustangs
  8. MikeCruizin

MikeCruizin Premium Sponsor

Old thread, but those of you keeping up the Shelby Razor Wheels, they are now available in multiple offsets. American Racing was bought out by another company recently as of about 2 months ago so we have seen some changes but you can indeed still purchase the 24mm and 40mm offsets. Furthermore, these are still available in the 20" and 18" in the higher offset you guys mentioned.

Visit us online: Mustang Wheels
    Visit us online: Mustang Body Kits
    [​IMG]
  9. Saleen367

Saleen367 Founding Member

I have 20" Razors (+24) with the Eibach Pro system and have no issues with rubbing at all.
  10. ShelbyCS8

ShelbyCS8 New Member

I have the 20 inch Shelby Razors with 24 MM offset and 255/35ZR Nitto 555's and thr FRPP suspension kit lowered 1.5 inches it handles great and does not rub.
  11. BigDaddy93

BigDaddy93 New Member

Did either of you guys with the 24+ Razors put the adj panhard bar on you s197s?:shrug:
  12. Wind-Farmer

Wind-Farmer Member

Razors dont rub with +24mm offset, and no you don't need the panhard bar..but if you dont want to look stupid, you will get one.
  13. Mark25

Mark25 Member

To me it would seem that if you "drop" the height above the wheel/tire than you're going to limit the travel of your wheel/tire as it goes up and down (especially when you hit a pothole, dips, etc.)...it only makes sense that the "travel" going up will be diminished and you're certainly going to hit/rub the top portion of your fender well. This could translate into damage, etc.
  14. Wind-Farmer

Wind-Farmer Member

Yeah, but usually when you drop the height, your suspension gets stiffer, and in theory; it shouldn't hit.

I can see if your going 40 over a speed bump, then yes you may hit the fender. And if your doing that, you should sell the mustang and buy a truck.