shelby sequencial tail lights PLEASE HELP

• Sponsors (?)

Just like the Stangnet bible states

"Upon hijacking a thread it is considered inappropriate to return said thread to original topic. Unlawfully returning the tread to original topic results in a instant ban."

Even the closet crew is expected to comply to the Stangnet bible. :nono:

Hey I installed the sequencer that i've been talking about and now there's all kinds of shorts in the steering column causing the blinkers and emergency lights to act funny so now I've got pull the wheel off and fix that. But other than that when the emergency lights come on the the LED's look great and sequence flawlessly along with the fact that they're much brighter at this point I'm pretty satisfied after i pull the steering wheel off and fix the shorts I'll let you guys know the end result.

OK, time to re-Hi-Jack back to topic.

I would definitely yank the wheel. Having owned a few cougars, and worked with many shelby owners, the turn signal switch is often the culprit. This is especially true for the 69-70 shelbys and 69-73 Cougars. Buy a quality replacement, and take your time replacing it. Be careful not to pinch or shave any wires, and hook it up correctly. All too often this is the problem, but the car gets hacked-up before this point.

Oh, great! In addition to the $160 rim-blow horn switch; now I've gotta find a ($???) T/S switch for the Cat? Oy!

I wish Don Rush would just let me start a charge account.
First-born child? Naw, the Army still owns her for another 4-1/2 years......

EDIT: I'll explain "the GBM Virus":

"Once upon a time in the Frozen Northlands lived a boy named Josh; who was also known as "the GingerBread Man". GingerBread Man (hereinafter "GBM") had a 1970 Mustang; which he was always trying to build up into a streetlight killer. Now GBM had more than his fair share of problems with this build, failing brakes, snapped u-joints, ignition issues, many failed cams and distributer drive gears (iron, steel, bronze, you name it), oiling issues (when the oil pump was actually being turned - along with the distrbuter), neighbors calling the local constabulary as well as the RCMP about his morning burnouts, etc, etc.

"But the GBM's most spectacular problems usually involved electrical fires. Dashboard fires, tailight wiring fires (on his '85 F100 4x4), you name it. If there was a piece of copper with current flowing through it, and it was on one of the GBM's vehicles; a fire extinguisher was going to be needed eventually. If Southwestern Canada were to burn down today; I for one would be looking for a picture of the GBM and/or one of his vehicles - probably the F150; as it had the added attraction of being propane-powered. On the other hand; if the F-150 were to burn; that 60 gallon tank of compressed propane would probably react in such a manner as to render the rest of the truck impossible to identify.

"And thus, if you show up here on StangNet with some kind of electrical nightmare; we old-timers generally start worrying about "The GBM Curse"

"And we all lived warily thereafter"

well i worked on it today and figured out it wasn't a short one of the wires wasn't connected correctly and another wire that was connected didn't need to be connected at all. So in other words i got it working about 95% one flaw still remains and that when the brake lights come on the ambers in the front comon as well, I know what's causing and told mustang prject. The guy i talked to who solved the major problem told me he would work on it and e-mail me when he gets a solution. Almost there...