She's gone!

The problem isn't with the fox itself, but rather the changes I've done to it over time. When I lived in Michigan, yanking the A/C wasn't a huge deal. Sure it got hot (sometimes), but the average summer temps are in the low 80's. Now living in South Carolina with average summer temps in the low 90's, A/C just became a priority…especially when I'm driving it to work in my dress duds. The same goes with the suspension. Sure, it's all aftermarket, high quality and lightweight…but damn if it doesn't make a lot of noise! Don't get me wrong, I would have no problem driving it from Michigan to South Carolina…but it would be uncomfortable, loud, smelly and I'd need to throw a cooler (for water…get your heads out of the gutter) in the back seat to keep myself hydrated!

This is more of the "it's not you, it's me" syndrome. At this point I am more in need of a nice daily driver than a weekend warrior.

With that said, I WILL own another notchback at some point in time. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

The problem isn't with the fox itself, but rather the changes I've done to it over time. When I lived in Michigan, yanking the A/C wasn't a huge deal. Sure it got hot (sometimes), but the average summer temps are in the low 80's. Now living in South Carolina with average summer temps in the low 90's, A/C just became a priority…especially when I'm driving it to work in my dress duds. The same goes with the suspension. Sure, it's all aftermarket, high quality and lightweight…but damn if it doesn't make a lot of noise! Don't get me wrong, I would have no problem driving it from Michigan to South Carolina…but it would be uncomfortable, loud, smelly and I'd need to throw a cooler (for water…get your heads out of the gutter) in the back seat to keep myself hydrated!

This is more of the "it's not you, it's me" syndrome. At this point I am more in need of a nice daily driver than a weekend warrior.

With that said, I WILL own another notchback at some point in time. :nice:

I understand.... does get hot there my cars not a DD too. My engine went in last my interior and suspension was first and is almost brand new very comfortable no sqeeks.....Glad to hear your move and job is good Good Luck with new Cobra:nice:

Maybe it's just not a problematic, temperamental pile like most Turbo Fox's (or Turbo anything for that matter) that I've seen.

Run like a raped ape one day, doesn't run at all the next, nickel and dimeing you all the way? :shrug:

+1

don't get me wrong, i love that style cobra, especially since its the mod motor. Just doesnt seem like such a great deal in terms of $ unless theres something special about the car (mileage, condition etc.)

5.0's are a dime a dozen. There is a limited number of cobras built so they are exclusive

Seriously, it's likely letting a pet go after years of obedience!

As for future mods, I'm going to take things REAL slow. It already has subframe connectors, 3.73 gears, lowering springs and a few other tidbits. I'm not a big fan of the flowmasters on the rear (I love the sounds of borla's on 4.6 DOHC's), but my main point of swapping was to get something that was daily driver-able WITH A/C while still being somewhat quick and fun. Getting all this in a convertible was just an added bonus! Eventually I WILL be throwing some twins on it, but I'll be doing things a bit differently next time around. While a tubular k-member, a-arms, coil-overs and CC plates are nice on paper (save weight, more rigid etc), they are loud as hell! I'm not just talking about road noise, but when you are turning from a slow roll they creek, pop and make all sorts of noise. What I don't want to do is have another car slowly turn into a weekend warrior/drag queen. What this all means is that I'll have to get creative with the next turbo kit I buy and/or make. A remote mount setup may be a distinct possibility. Of course, before that happens I'll have to go back through the engine and get things built up. While 5.0's are a dime a dozen, these 4.6 DOHC's are NOT!

I'll try to get some pics up within the next few days for sure!

I find myself waffling all the time over keeping my fox, or selling for a 96-98 cobra, or terminator. While ultimately, the Terminator is my DREAM car, there are things i want to do to my house, and right now having no car payment is a bonus. I also don't know how fair it would be to my wife if i sold my TOY to get another TOY that was 20k. We just went on a vacation, cruise to Bermuda, and i read the book "iron fist, lead foot". Amazing book that only makes me want a Terminator more :(

Anywhoo - Millhouse i know where you are coming from, and the car looks beautiful. Let us know how you like her :nice:

+1

5.0's are a dime a dozen. There is a limited number of cobras built so they are exclusive

I find myself waffling all the time over keeping my fox, or selling for a 96-98 cobra, or terminator. While ultimately, the Terminator is my DREAM car, there are things i want to do to my house, and right now having no car payment is a bonus. I also don't know how fair it would be to my wife if i sold my TOY to get another TOY that was 20k. We just went on a vacation, cruise to Bermuda, and i read the book "iron fist, lead foot". Amazing book that only makes me want a Terminator more :(

Anywhoo - Millhouse i know where you are coming from, and the car looks beautiful. Let us know how you like her :nice:

You ready for my $.02? I've driven/ridden in several mildly modified 96-01s as well as a couple Termis, and I have to say, the UN-supercharged Cobras lack the driving excitement of the Termi. Really, the (acceleration) performance of the 96-98 Cobras isn't a whole lot better stock-for-stock than a Fox, so in my eyes, a 96-98 Cobra is like a Fox with better brakes and a comfy-er ride. (is comfier a word?)

I remember a few years back, I rode in a lightly modded Termi and it blew my freaking mind. A few days later I drove a '99 and I was actually disappointed. Funny thing was, the Termi made my Fox feel like a turd and my Fox made the '99 feel like a turd, haha.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this- If you have your heart set on a Termi, don't short change yourself. Don't get me wrong, the 96-01 Cobras are AWESOME cars, but if the Termi is your dream, hold out until you can afford one and do it.

You ready for my $.02? I've driven/ridden in several mildly modified 96-01s as well as a couple Termis, and I have to say, the UN-supercharged Cobras lack the driving excitement of the Termi. Really, the (acceleration) performance of the 96-98 Cobras isn't a whole lot better stock-for-stock than a Fox, so in my eyes, a 96-98 Cobra is like a Fox with better brakes and a comfy-er ride. (is comfier a word?)

I remember a few years back, I rode in a lightly modded Termi and it blew my freaking mind. A few days later I drove a '99 and I was actually disappointed. Funny thing was, the Termi made my Fox feel like a turd and my Fox made the '99 feel like a turd, haha.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this- If you have your heart set on a Termi, don't short change yourself. Don't get me wrong, the 96-01 Cobras are AWESOME cars, but if the Termi is your dream, hold out until you can afford one and do it.

I agree with you man.. I just worry sometimes. There were only 19k and change terminators produced and as the years go by, less and less UNmodded ones are so hard to find. I mean right now i found about 8 within a 300 mile radius of my house that still have the factory supercharger pulley cover on them. Ideally, thats what i'd want, and i know as the years go by they will be so hard to find :(

Keep in mind, I wen't from a 500rwhp lightweight foxbody to a 260rwhp heavy ass cobra vert....and couldn't be happier. :nice:

For me, this may just a stepping stone into a 03-04 termi. Having NO car payment for the next few years while I can pay off the remaining debt and save a significant down payment for my next home is a HUGE advantage. I can still have a hell of a lot of fun with the 97 coba vert both just cruising and in the twisties. Sure it may not be NEARLY as fast as the fox, but it's got a different feel, different sound and smoother/higher powerband. I do believe if I went from my 500rwhp fox down to a stock 190rwhp fox I would be SEVERELY disappointed.

Keep in mind, I wen't from a 500rwhp lightweight foxbody to a 260rwhp heavy ass cobra vert....and couldn't be happier. :nice:

For me, this may just a stepping stone into a 03-04 termi. Having NO car payment for the next few years while I can pay off the remaining debt and save a significant down payment for my next home is a HUGE advantage. I can still have a hell of a lot of fun with the 97 coba vert both just cruising and in the twisties. Sure it may not be NEARLY as fast as the fox, but it's got a different feel, different sound and smoother/higher powerband. I do believe if I went from my 500rwhp fox down to a stock 190rwhp fox I would be SEVERELY disappointed.

Definitely, man. I don't fault you at all for going with the '97. A turbo'd 4 valve would be the sickness. :nice:

I hear you milhouse nice to have a car to get in that starts right up and drives smooth with a/c.

Verts are sweet, just sold mine and i miss it. I think you made out very well, none of these clowns were going to throw down 7k on a diy TT 89 fox.

IMO You've made a wise decision!

Alright folks, here are some more pics....

1940343_600.jpg

1940344_600.jpg

1940346_600.jpg

1940352_600.jpg

1940350_600.jpg

1940351_600.jpg

1940353_600.jpg

1940349_600.jpg

1940348_600.jpg

Thanks guys!

The guy that got the fox is really looking for a weekend warrior....something that will lay the smack down on most anything he comes across and do so somewhat stealthy. He said his wife refused to ride in the vert without a rollbar....WTF!