Roush Shift Kit Vs. SCT X-Cal 2 Program on an Automatic Mustang

gonen20

Jan 27, 2006
If you have an Automatic Transmission Saleen Mustang or a GT Mustang, does anyone have a shift kit in it (Trans-Go, B & M, etc....) If so I would appreciate any comments on if this is something worth getting and if so which one or type?? Reliable?? Any issues or problems this may cause?? What about their car programmed with the SCT X-Cal 2's firmer shifts setting?? If you have this on your ride can you tell the difference from just Saleen's Powerflash program??? Does this change the RPM Shift points to give you firmer shifts? Does anyone have a shift kit plus the SCT X-Cal program with firmer shifts??? Can you do this?? Anybody switchout their torque converters and if so do you have a place you recommend??? If you couldn't tell, I hate the sluggish type shifts of Fords Automatic transmissions especially on my Supercharged car!:notnice: I want something with some snap to it!:D Nothing like driving a car and getting 2nd and 3rd shifts and chirping the tires, thats one thing I love about the Manual transmission Naturally Aspirated S281 I own but the S281 SC car should be able to do this too??? Yeah, Sorry alot of questions here on this thread...........

• Sponsors (?)

shift kit

get a shift kit with a xcal and or chip/ tune. Line pressure will need to be lowered via tune if you get a shift kit. when you raise line pressure too much in tune it can hurt the chip since thats done electronically where a shift kit is done mechanically either way get a shift kit it will save your trans and be much more fun to drive. i tune these suckers and i have a lightning. any question just email me [email protected]

We'll, upping the line pressure seems really simple, but still it does not produce the same effect as a true shift kit, where you drill out the fluid passages.
Besides the real thing is only $100 bucks usually, and takes about 4 hours to install.

Any recommendation on which one to go with?? Trans-go Kit or B&M?? or any others??
There is a gentleman by the name of Darrin that specializes in Automatic transmissions swaps/upgrades, he post in another forum, I have read a few of his posts and seems to know what he is talking about, there is a thread that he posted http://forums.************.com/general-tech-frequently-asked-questions/98425-trans-swap.html
you might want to give him a call and see what he recommends.

Edit ....it appears that linking to another forum is not allowed, you can PM me with your e-mail address and I will send you the link.
Here is a link to his web page.... http://www.bc-automotive.com