Shift kits

wheelyman19

Mar 31, 2008
Hi everyone. I got a 95 gt wit auto Tranny. I wanna put a shift kit in it but can't realy find any topics on shift kits in my car ( then again I'm using tapatalk on my phone. Don't have internet for comp might be the reason) anyways wat is everyone runny I kinda heard b&m aren't good and transgo is pretty good but wanna make sure before I pull the pin, the car has 4.10s and I just cruise wit being to the track a couple times a year.... Any info would be great!

• Sponsors (?)

Since your taking apart the valve body, you might wanna change the 1-2 and 3-4 accumulator valve's to the rubber style. If I remember correctlly the transgo kit includes all gaskets. 1 other thing, theres a pressure valve that is sold seperatlly on paperformanceautomatic.com our valve bodys get worn out with the stock valve (i think it's a boost valve, not sure).

I did mine about a year ago, with a 3k stall converter, if I could do it all over I would of start looking for parts at the local junk yard for a manual trans.

K thanks. U think I hav to replace the valves and pressure plate? I'm takin it in to get done so don't really wanna do anything that'll cost a lot more money. (and ya id put it in myself but broke my legs early this spring and can't stand long) one other thing say I put the shift kit in and down the line I wreck somthing in this tranny, could I just swap out valve body's to a different Tranny so I I got my shift kit stil? Thanks again for all ur guys help!!

K thanks. U think I hav to replace the valves and pressure plate? I'm takin it in to get done so don't really wanna do anything that'll cost a lot more money. (and ya id put it in myself but broke my legs early this spring and can't stand long) one other thing say I put the shift kit in and down the line I wreck somthing in this tranny, could I just swap out valve body's to a different Tranny so I I got my shift kit stil? Thanks again for all ur guys help!!

You dont have replace the pressure plate, youll need your original stock plate for the transgo kit. The 1-2 2-3 accumulator pistons cost me around 26 dollars at the ford dealership for both pistons, but are optional.

Ford-AODE.com the Ultimate AODE / 4R70W Performance Transmission Website the website I gave you in an earlier post was incorrect. This one's it for all aode/ 4r70w accesories.