[shift knob] too hot to handle, too cold to hold?

To the OP i have that exact knob im my GT. Since i just bought the car in october i havent felt it in the summer yet, but in the winter so far it hasnt been that bad. Just when you drive it give the car a few minutes with the heater on and its good to go. I hope its like that in summer so it doesnt burn my hand off, but i can say it looks amazing in the car.

• Sponsors (?)

Holy thread bump! :p
metroplex said:
It's because of the shiny plastic part covering the H-pattern. How does the IUP shift knob feel in the summer?
Not that bad, so long as you can keep the knob out of direct sunlight (washcloth, can koozie, etc used to cover it).
Kilgore Trout said:
That shift knob looks great Tim! Remember if you are screwing an aluminum shift knob onto an aluminum shaft you must use antiseize.
Indeed. :nice:
88BlueGT5.0 said:
To the OP i have that exact knob im my GT. Since i just bought the car in october i havent felt it in the summer yet, but in the winter so far it hasnt been that bad. Just when you drive it give the car a few minutes with the heater on and its good to go. I hope its like that in summer so it doesnt burn my hand off, but i can say it looks amazing in the car.
Sweet. Thanks for the input! :)
metroplex said:
Will anti-sieze be required for the IUP shift knob (leather "wrapped" with "aluminum" H-Pattern) on the stock shifter?
It doesn't hurt.

timeless2 said:
Update.

Here is what I went with:

knob1.jpg

knob2.jpg

http://www.partshopper.com/shop/Luna-Pearl-Shifter-knob-m366.html

ghfdgfdsg.jpg

:drool:

:p i couldnt resist! :rlaugh: