shift light

• Sponsors (?)

The green wire from the light goes to the adapter if I remember correctly. From where it goes from the adapter I cant remember off hand. Check out autometers website. I think they have a pic of what goes where.

Nice item you got there, mike. A shift light from Proform is an ideal part for your ride.

"An ideal part for your ride?" wtf?? I don't think i've heard anything cheesier in my life. I do realize you are just advertising for proform and getting paid for it, but come on, if I was considering buying something from Proform (which i'm not) I would probably change my mind after seeing what kind of worthless attempts the company has to make to try and attract buyers.

And btw, this thread is not titled "do you think my new Proform Shift Light is an ideal part for my ride?" NO, he's looking for advice on how to hook it up, and if you had half a brain and were at all concerned with customer service, you would kindly inform him how to do it.

With that said, I looked up some info on autometer's site:

This is a breakdown of the wiring on the tach driver adapter:

• Red & Red w/ Green stripe = wired in-line on ignition coil power supply that powers all coils. Installation varies widely from vehicle to vehicle. See Installation Information or Ask A Question sections for further information.

• Black = common chassis ground

• Gray = tachometer signal output, connect to Green wire on tachometer

from the Installation Information section:

Tachometer Signal Wire Installation
for 4.6 engine(s)
Must use model number 9117 Auto Meter tachometer adapter. Locate the large, square 42 pin wire harness connector in the corner of the engine bay where the passenger fender meets the firewall. Pop the plastic cover off of the top of this conector to expose where the wires enter the connector and to expose the wire pin numbers. Locate pin number 34 which will be in the corner of this connector and will be either a red wire or a red with a green stripe wire. Cut this wire in half so that you now have two cut halves. Hook the red of the adapter to the cut half coming from the connector. hook the red/green of the adapter to the other cut half. Ground the black wire of the adapter. The gray wire of the adapter will now provide you with a good tachometer signal.

Hope this helps...