shifters......

• Sponsors (?)

four.six said:
Thanks guys for the help. i will definatly buy an MGW now. i assume its not hard to install. first time changing a shifter....

It's a piece of cake to change. The hardest part is getting the old sealant off. No, wait...the hardest part is waiting for the new sealant to dry before driving it!! Enjoy!

four.six said:
hello fellow cobra owners.. i just recently bought an 01 svt cobra with 26000 on it. the thing is bare stock and way faster than my gt was :D .. i think the first mod i am gonna get is a short throw. i was looking at a steeda tri-ax. my friend, who owns a gt, told me i should get a MGW. i looked at both of them on the internet and they are the same price... i'm not sure which to get :shrug: ..... i was wondering which one you all think is better??? any help is appreciated..... :cheers:
i bought my 01 cobra back in feb for 18450 was wondering if they have come down any. thanks

four.six said:
does it come with sealant or do i need to buy it?? and if so what kind?? thanks.

The MGW shifter comes with everything you need

Sealant
shifter
new bolts
even an allen head wrench to tighten the handle and adjust the stops

and that gasket that you bought isn't needed...this shifter doesn't have any noise to it and is much quieter than other shifters which is why you might need that gasket...it's a waste of money IMO with the MGW shifter...

four.six said:
hello fellow cobra owners.. i just recently bought an 01 svt cobra with 26000 on it. the thing is bare stock and way faster than my gt was :D .. i think the first mod i am gonna get is a short throw. i was looking at a steeda tri-ax. my friend, who owns a gt, told me i should get a MGW. i looked at both of them on the internet and they are the same price... i'm not sure which to get :shrug: ..... i was wondering which one you all think is better??? any help is appreciated..... :cheers:

I had both the Pro5.0 and the Triax. Both have made way for the MGW. I like the overall feel of this shifter better than the others. I don't know if it's just the handle or the overall design, but it just feels better to me.

Get the MGW shifter. I just replaced the Steeda TriAx shifter I've had in my 99 Cobra for the last three years with the MGW.

The MGW has a little shorter throw and is much quieter than the Steeda.
Don't get me wrong. I liked the Steeda but the MGW is better.