Shifting A Bit Notchy

Boss 7.0

Active User
Mar 19, 2015
Chickasha, OK
Hi All,

Like the title says, shifting is a bit notchy at light loads. It seems to not be so notchy when I've gotten on the gas a bit, nothing higher than 5.5k rpm.
Does the shifting get less notchy and loosen up a bit as the tranny breaks in?
What can be done about it?
TIA.

:track:

Boss 7.0

• Sponsors (?)

@SilverS550 may be the one to answer your question here.

I would look towards changing the trans bushing to a polyurethane bushing and perhaps investing in an aftermarket shifter, with that being said I haven't spent a lot of time in a stick shift '15

Is it all gears or more specifically 3rd and 5th?

A lot of folks seem to be noticing this, I did as well, especially when REALLY getting after the gears. There are 2 simple fixes to the solution, either is about $30....they are simply bushings that install in the trans mount (literally takes more time to jack up the car than it does to install the bushing). One is made by Whiteline and one is by Steeda. The whiteline bushing (the one I have) is a little stiffer than the steeda and works well, but it transfers a bit of noise and vibration into the car. I had to trim mine down a bit to loosen it up so it didn't feel as harsh....it was definitely noticeable in the car. Others have used the Steeda (I haven't so I can't confirm this) and said there is little to no vibration with it. Guys have reported feeling a vibration, but most have said no.

It really helps when getting after the gears, but like I said, you may feel some vibration and noise in the car.

The more expensive fix is a good shifter without the cheap plastic and rubber parts.