Shock Tower Replacements and Reinforcement Kits

• Sponsors (?)

I have a couple of updates. First I have the driver's side completely welded up. Here are some (bad) pictures. The camera I have is terrible

DSC01970.jpg

DSC01973.jpg

DSC01967.jpg

DSC01966.jpg

DSC01968.jpg

DSC01969.jpg

Some of the welds are pretty nasty since we were using a flux core MIG. Also it was really difficult to not burn through the very thin apron sheet we found. Anyway, I'm going to have alot of cosmetic work to do.

Started aligning the passenger's side yesterday. I found out that the 6 holes in the replacement shock tower are sitting about 1/4" too high in comparison with the old shock tower :(. So this means those holes won't be lining up right.

My pictures of that side are even worse. I'll snap a few tonight before I weld it in. Hopefully they turn out better. Here are the decent ones.

The crossmember bolt hole lines up better on this side

DSC01977.jpg

DSC01978.jpg

DSC01980.jpg

Here is the comparison between the hole location on each shock tower. You can tell just by looking they are different.

DSC01981.jpg

DSC01982.jpg

I measured from the bottom of the frame rail to the bottom of the highest hole to be 8-7/16" and to the lowest hole to be 7-11/16". Right now the same measurements on the passenger's side are 8-3/8" and 7-3/4". The 67 Cougar I am referencing with good towers measures 8-3/8" and 7-3/4". It looks like it's coming together pretty decently.

Looks great! Looks like you got good penetration on the welds which is the most important thing.

That sucks about the passenger spring cover holes. I haven't checked those on my towers yet, I'll measure new versus old tonight. I bet they are the same.